The Playlists Thread

Patreeeek

Sorry if this was already posted but I didn't see it. I thought I'd re-create the Playlists thread so we can share all the great playlists we've created & found!

I created a playlist yesterday of the Indie 500, SiriusXMU & Pandora's top 500 indie songs of all time. SiriusXMU aired the countdown this weekend for Memorial Day.

Great idea!
I'll contribute with two playlists that are on frequent rotation in my house:

I don't remember where I found it, and if I found it on these forums of ours, I apologise for breaching creative rights, but Egon from Now Again has a pretty cool and also big playlist full of really nice finds that is totally worth a shuffle:

Second, I've been gathering together a bunch of songs that really
really caught my attention for the past year or more, and it grew quite big as well! It's somewhat sequenced, so give it a shot without shuffling, maybe you'll find something you like in there: (it's better than Egon's)

I make playlists pretty regular on Spotify but a lot of them are private, so I'll just share this playlist I update daily with my "song of the day" (even though I'm really bad at keeping up with it 😓)

Last edited:
Realized this thread exists and just finished my seasonal spotify playlist, so why not share it...anyone who has been in the JqBx room with me have prob heard me play a number of these.

Cross posting because I have no idea where it belongs haha:

I couldn't really find a good place to post about this, but thought it kind of applied here? If not, sue me ;)

I was listening to Swing Down Chariot by Rufus & Chaka Kahn and Mothership Connection (Star Child) by Parliament on the same day recently and realized they had the same song sample in it. It got me to look into that song's origin (late 1800s spiritual), history (many covers) and evolution ("humorous version") and where it's been interpolated (Parliament) and sampled (Dr. Dre) in other songs. It's amazing to hear the track's evolution through time, so much so to me I created a playlist of 9 songs on Spotify and just keep listening through it haha It details the history of the song from its origins as Swing Low, Sweet Chariot (late 1800s spiritual popularized in 1909 by Fisk University's Fisk Jubilee Singers with covers by Bing Crosby, Sam Cooke and Eric Clapton), to that song's adaptation into Swing Down, Sweet Chariot (popularized by the 1940s version from the Golden Gate Quartet along with a cover from Elvis and this Rufus version), to that song's interpolation on Parliament's Mothership Connection (Star Child), and finally the sampling of that song on Dr. Dre's hit Let Me Ride. Not sure why I'm so into it and can't stop listening to it haha but if you're interested here is the playlist I created (NOTE: Dr. Dre's album The Chronic isn't on Spotify so I've been listening to Let Me Ride on YouTube when the playlist ends haha):

Again, not sure if this is the right place, so feel free to send me somewhere else if you think it fits better, but I'm definitely interested in any other examples like this where something has been sampled a few times or used in different genres or has evolved over time if you've got any!

Reviving this thread to share a Playlist I made today. I was listening to a song off the Laura Stevenson album and thought "wow this is hitting me right in the feels" and though how chaotic that would be for me to make a playlist of songs that do the same.

Like that scene from It's Always Sunny where Frank gets unzipped

Anyways, here's the playlist if you want to find yourself crying after a couple of songs

Back