The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project

okay @avecigrec is the :oops: that I didn't know they were a supergroup, you didn't know, that the guys from those three bands made this album or that I called it a stereotype album?
The only Bad Co. song anyone will ever need is "Feel Like Making Love". It is one of the most ridiculous/awesome power ballads that ever power balladed. That song make me both laugh hysterically while also making me want to dead lift 500 lbs.

"Feel Like Making Love" is not on this album thus rendering this whole thing moot.

The only Bad Co. song anyone will ever need is "Feel Like Making Love". It is one of the most ridiculous/awesome power ballads that ever power balladed. That song make me both laugh hysterically while also making me want to dead lift 500 lbs.

"Feel Like Making Love" is not on this album thus rendering this whole thing moot.

I honestly thought it was on this album. Lol.

P.S. I’m pretty sure you replied to the wrong post. 😜

Catching up a bit here again.

Sufjan Stevens - Illinoise. One of those artists that I've always thought I would really like, but everytime I try to listen I quickly pivot back to something I'm familiar with in the same vein, like Bon Iver or The National. This album was really nice though and something I will probably need to return to. Score: 4 stars

Robbie Williams - Life Thru A Lens. Ok, a bit of a hot take: Remember that I suggested Garbage being a gentrified version of grunge and alternative rock? Well, Robbie Williams was the same thing for britpop (although I do think Garbages' album is much better than this). It was a bit strange to read your comments here about not really knowing any of his songs, because in Sweden (and I guess whole of Europe) Robbie Williams was huge, (and I'm talking Madonna or Prince in the 80s huge, here) in the late 90s/early 00s. This album was pretty much the commercial zeitgeist of the whole britpop wave, with lush arrangements, big hooks and ironic, tongue in cheek-machismo borrowed from James Bond and Liam Gallagher in equal measures. After this, the indie bands that built the scene either got with the program and beefed it up, or withered away and perished. He was also a former boyband member that broke out and tapped into the big trends of the day and in that process building a lot of cred, making him a precursor to artists like Justin Timberlake and Harry Styles. So, I get why they included this album in this book, based on the sheer commercial and cultural impact it had. But is it an essential album and one you need to hear before you die? Nah. I don't really hate the album, but it doesn't really do anything for me either. Mostly harmless, I guess. Score: 2 stars.

Now I'm gonna listen to Bad Company, which is a band I (as a swede) don't really know anything about, and I can't really name a single song by them.

I mean I still fucking love this album. It fucking rocks. It does sort of make me wonder about a list like this though. Like if I were making a list of 1000 albums I thought you needed to hear before you died, I think ubiquity would possibly dq an album. Or would I be wrong in thinking most people have heard this?

10 years younger. Have a vague familiarity with the cover, although that might be because it is pretty generic. No idea who the band are in the slightest.

6/7/23
bced88d2be33cab73adbb5ab2db47a5c78a76488

Bad Company

If it suggests that we have to listen to The Firm then burn this stupid book

6/7/23

Bad Company

This is one of those albums where I feel like every song is in rotation on classic rock radio. At least it's only 34 minutes long. I used to really like some of these songs but they seem so overplayed to me now. 3/5.

6/7/23

Bad Company

Don't know a great deal about this band at all.

I recognised the first song after about 3 notes, good song, hear it a lot on those "All The Hits All The Time" radio stations that have 20 minutes of adverts for 40 minutes of music.

Anyway.

I kind of drifted off after that, and the record is nearly finished, and I haven't got much more to say about it.

How many bands can say they have a Band Name - Album Name - Song Name, song?

It can't be many!

2 / 5 stars.

Don't know a great deal about this band at all.

I recognised the first song after about 3 notes, good song, hear it a lot on those "All The Hits All The Time" radio stations that have 20 minutes of adverts for 40 minutes of music.

Anyway.

I kind of drifted off after that, and the record is nearly finished, and I haven't got much more to say about it.

How many bands can say they have a Band Name - Album Name - Song Name, song?

It can't be many!

2 / 5 stars.
Wilco

Back