The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project

Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited
Strong opener.

He's such a great lyricist, story after story.

The harmonica does get a bit too much on occasion, I'm looking at you Queen Jane.

He had a good band behind him.

I was worried the 11-minute closer was going to ruin things and drag on, but no!

Great album, great songs, great singer.

HOW DOES IT FEEL?!

3 / 5 stars.

2/13/2023
4475b6e95cd5c153cf89f49daa3a85b939359690

Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited

Allmusic Review:

My dad introduced me to Dylan when I was but a wee lad. He loved Nashville Skyline, which came out when he was 19. This was the first Dylan record I bought when I was 18 and had moved out to Portland. I played it till the grooves wore out while I pounded case after case of Milwaukee's Best Light. It's hard to give it any kind of objective listen because it feels like a favorite t-shirt. It doesn't even have any of my favorite Dylan songs on it, but as an album it is damn near perfect. 5/5

If I'm honest, not sure I've ever listened to this one. I have Maggot Brain. I'm embarrassed to say Parliament isn't that much better in my knowledge.

Definitely worth exploring. I'm generally more a fan of the Funkadelic side of things, but that's like saying I'm generally more of a fan of Dirty Mind than Controversy - both are obviously fantastic!

Definitely worth exploring. I'm generally more a fan of the Funkadelic side of things, but that's like saying I'm generally more of a fan of Dirty Mind than Controversy - both are obviously fantastic!
See that last part of your sentence is a whole lot of why I said I'm embarrassed. As a Prince FAN and a Sly FAN, it makes no sense that I haven't explored further.

Initially Funkadelic felt more psychedelic and Parliament felt more funky but it feels like as the 70s progressed the lines between the two groups blurred to a point that they were essentially the same group and it’s why they toured as the P-Funk All-Stars for the next 25 years.

Initially Funkadelic felt more psychedelic and Parliament felt more funky but it feels like as the 70s progressed the lines between the two groups blurred to a point that they were essentially the same group and it’s why they toured as the P-Funk All-Stars for the next 25 years.

Exactly this

There was a temporary installation called "Southern Oracle: We Will Tear the Roof Off!" by an artist named Heather Hart at the NC Museum of Art. Before the pandemic, I want to say in September of 2019, 9th Wonder did a Parliament/Funkadelic heavy DJ set where people in crazy space costumes danced all around it.

Here's a video, I haven't watched, cause I am listening to the album on YOUTUBE, about the installation.

Back