The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project

Fiona Apple - Tidal
Nice album, good singer.

Not really sure what to say, as with all the albums before and all albums after, I have listened to this once and put down my thoughts during the play through.

Forgettable to be honest.

If there were half stars I would go 2.5, but there aren't so...

2 / 5 stars.

That sounds like the preview to an excellent music review.
True! I was thinking of a friend who really connects with this album and what it means to them. I would say that before knowing that friend and what they went through, I don't know that I would have thought of it the same way, but it certainly made me look at Tidal in a new light.

2/8/23
ab67616d0000b273bd732535635abc590e07d68a

Leftfield - Leftism

Allmusic Review:

resisting urge to run in the grammy thread to point out that this 28 YEAR OLD album is more innovative for house music in its first 14 minutes than the whole of Beyonce's album.
or you could just shout at a wall since no one is claiming otherwise within the context of house music.

I Don't recall anybody ever playing Leftfield on top 40 radio.

Context matters.

or you could just shout at a wall since no one is claiming otherwise within the context of house music.

I Don't recall anybody ever playing Leftfield on top 40 radio.

Context matters.
I WILL SHOUT AT KIDS ON MY LAWN WHEN I WANT!!!

I stand by getting airplay is not innovation. At best it is luck or skill at marketing. I'm not claiming that Leftfield was a top 40 group. What I am stating is that Beyonce did not bring anything other than ears to the music. That's important, I won't deny that, but it is not innovation.

I would even be more willing to concede your point @TenderLovingKiller® if it meant that more people would seek out proper house music, but that's not gonna happen either. I don't think it lifts the profile of the music. It's possible that it does, but Timbaland and others bringing Drum n Bass elements to RnB in the late 90s and early 2000s didn't bring a spotlight on the genre. (I'd also point to Timbaland's work there in incorporating the Drum N Bass sounds into R N B, instead of just straight jacking the beats was MORE innovative than Beyonce's House tribute, too.) :p

I love you. I understand your point, just clearly & strongly disagree with it.

Back