The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project

Like what the actual fuck, is In & Out of Paris & London a date rape song?

It is a far far better thing that I do now than I have ever done before
It is a far far better place that I go to than I have ever known before
My slap 'n' tickle made her giggle, made her wiggle like a willow tree
So suggestively
So I suggested
She protested
I persisted till she said Well OK
And I said Wey-hey!
In or out - of one thing there can be no doubt
Out or in - this is not a sin - it's not even original
And hey, we're all individuals - so let the games begin
I fall in love with someone new practically every day but that's OK
It's just the price I pay for being a man (if that's really what I am)
And I refuse to take it all too seriously
It's such a strange activity far too peculiar to be taken any other way
Don't wait until tomorrow - do it today
In out in out in out in out in out in out in out
Shake it all about

This is bordering on being the first album I don't finish. I'm not sure it will get a second listen tomorrow because I'm not sure I can stomach another listen. If there is anyone that loves this album here, could you explain it to me? I feel like I'm being punked. Is this like why people like Father John Misty, because at least he isn't this guy?

WHAT THE FUCK?!??!??!!!

The Frog Princess

I met a girl, she was a frog princess
I guess I ought to make it clear
That I saw nothing through her see-through dress
Until she whispered in my ear
"You don't really love me and I don't really mind
'Cause I don't love anybody,
That stuff is just a waste of time
Your place or mine?"
I met a girl, she was a complete mess
I should've left her well alone—but oh no, not me!
I had to see if underneath that dress
Her heart was really made of stone
I met a girl, she was a frog princess
And yes I do regret it now
But how was I to know that just one kiss
Could turn my frog into a cow?
And now I'm rid of her I must confess
To thinking 'bout what might have been
And I can visualise my frog princess
Beneath a shining guillotine
You don't really love me and I don't really mind
'Cause I don't love anybody,
I come and go through people's love lives
Your place or mine?

Then the last song has heartbreaking lyrics which are presented in a weird Michael Crawford Phantom of the Opera manner. What a weird album. The first song, while bizarre, was genuinely great and probably carried this album to a certain extent. But it's all so fucking weird and the lyrics mostly vile.

Pocahontas is my favorite Neil song, most days.. Some days it's Down by the River or Cowgirl in the Sand or The Needle and the Damage Done or about ten others.
What I love about “Down By The River” is the songs versatility, it works well as a gothic acoustic folk ballad and as shredding electric rocker.

I mean it's 3:09 am here.... anyhow EXPLAIN WHATEVER THE HELL THAT WAS I JUST LISTENED TO!!! (by just I mean a couple of hours ago)

Not a clue. Was never into the Divine Comedy. My memory is of them being in a similar vein to Belle & Sebastian, so boring and shit. Can only really fully remember the song they did about being on a bus. It was shit. They did do fhe theme music to my favourite ever tv show.

My feeling given what little I know of Neil Hannon is that the idea of him as a lothario is laughable in the extreme and that it’s some sort of ironic concept. I don’t know though.

Not a clue. Was never into the Divine Comedy. My memory is of them being in a similar vein to Belle & Sebastian, so boring and shit. Can only really fully remember the song they did about being on a bus. It was shit. They did do fhe theme music to my favourite ever tv show.

My feeling given what little I know of Neil Hannon is that the idea of him as a lothario is laughable in the extreme and that it’s some sort of ironic concept. I don’t know though.
Cool. Now I need to know what ruffled @Rip_City 's feathers.

While I've got you, in the funhouse, I was talking about Television Personalities, what's your take there.?

Back