The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project

One of my top 2 vinyl Neil wants!
( Freedom is the other one)
Rust should be available and I've never had an issue with any of his official releases. I think I have an older version of this. I'm fairly certain my Live Rust is from @Yer Ol' Uncle D , but I think I won an ebay auction at Carolina Soul for this one. My memory is foggy though. I drank a lot back then.

Rust should be available and I've never had an issue with any of his official releases. I think I have an older version of this. I'm fairly certain my Live Rust is from @Yer Ol' Uncle D , but I think I won an ebay auction at Carolina Soul for this one. My memory is foggy though. I drank a lot back then.

Yeah, I imagine I could probably find one at my local tomorrow, were I to head there. I haven't prioritized Neil at all. In fact, up until 3 months ago, I had zero Neil Young on the shelf. I inherited a copy of Comes a Time from my grandparents' collection, but I passed it along to a friend who is a much bigger Neil fan than I am. Then in short order, said buddy gave me a copy of After the Gold Rush that he scored from the bargain bin, and I bought Zuma from our pal Sonic Pharmacist. I've been enjoying the passive pick-ups so far, but I suspect Live Rust may wind up being one of the ones I'm a little more active in procuring. Particularly knowing that official Neil generally means great pressings.

Yeah, I imagine I could probably find one at my local tomorrow, were I to head there. I haven't prioritized Neil at all. In fact, up until 3 months ago, I had zero Neil Young on the shelf. I inherited a copy of Comes a Time from my grandparents' collection, but I passed it along to a friend who is a much bigger Neil fan than I am. Then in short order, said buddy gave me a copy of After the Gold Rush that he scored from the bargain bin, and I bought Zuma from our pal Sonic Pharmacist. I've been enjoying the passive pick-ups so far, but I suspect Live Rust may wind up being one of the ones I'm a little more active in procuring. Particularly knowing that official Neil generally means great pressings.
82F6F1B6-03C2-4475-894E-DDB8D57EF00B.jpeg
And that’s just vinyl, none of my cds are in there yet. He has almost a whole cube which is the most of any one artist I have one vinyl.

View attachment 169908
And that’s just vinyl, none of my cds are in there yet. He has almost a whole cube which is the most of any one artist I have one vinyl.

Nice!

I don't reckon I have any of my NY CDs anymore, but I had Mirror Ball, Freedom, Sleeps With Angels and Harvest. I can't really recall which order I got them in, but it was probably as listed above. and all within a 2 year stretch.

I wonder if the nad (when it gets here one day when we are all older) will help me convince my wife we should ditch stupify. Neil playing over Apple Music on the exogear sounds so much better than spotify from my laptop.

Maybe @Yer Ol' Uncle D will show up to tell us about his three cubes worth (I'm just guessing)

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh......

20230320_010531.jpg

I used to tell my wife, "Hey, I could be the Sun Ra guy (@avecigrec)", but it's losing steam.

My current go-to is, "This is just like another insurance policy for you when I die."

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh......

View attachment 169910

I used to tell my wife, "Hey, I could be the Sun Ra guy (@avecigrec)", but it's losing steam.

My current go-to is, "This is just like another insurance policy for you when I die."
I was having a hard time with that last bunch of bootleg releases... "So how is this one different than all the other live Neil you have?" "Ummmmmmmm..."

If memory serves me correctly, the first time we met I gifted you Rust Never Sleeps, Hawks And Doves, Trans and Reactor.

If memory serves me correctly, the first time we met I gifted you Rust Never Sleeps, Hawks And Doves, Trans and Reactor.

I can't remember, I know that the other three are indeed accurate. I'd have to look at cogs... I'll be right back.
Your memory is better than mine, It was a Live Rust I got from Carolina Soul. Those four are all nicely grouped together.

Back