The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project

Yeah, they're basically demos, at least at the core. I think they recorded some of them with John Cale, and later rerecorded some songs, refurbushed some of the other demos while trying to put it out as a record. But when it finally came out, the band had split up, and Richman had put together a new band with the same name and recorded another album that came out before this. It's all a bit complicated....
Yup and The original Modern Lovers band featured Jerry Harrison on keys and David Robinson on drums both of whom would later be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame as members of the Talking Heads and The Cars respectively.

3/2/23

View attachment 168465

The Modern Lovers - The Modern Lovers

Allmusic Review

I really enjoyed this. This is an album that I've been meaning to check out for awhile now. I will say though that I only played the original album and didn't listen to any of the extra songs on the extended release. 4/5

2/3/23

9a129203c3ba39a30ee3bf3a8b1bf66d1ac9fa6a

Todd Rundgren - Something/Anything?

Allmusic review:

RIYL Playlist:

Last edited:
listening now. I don't love it. That being said, it sounds like the music that would have soundtracked a road trip with my parents when I was a little kid, so it that respect, I don't hate it either. It is probably the most dated sounded thing we have listened to so far. The review from allmusic makes it sound like it gets weird.

Also, this guy is a heck of a producer... I hope it picks up.

Back