The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project

5/13/24
View attachment 202752
Nirvana - In Utero

Living the blazing arc of Nirvana in real time was pretty wild. When In Utero was released, the whole trip blasted clean thru the stratosphere all the way into the thermosphere. The first 30 seconds of 'Serve The Servants' made that clear. This record had an artistic rage and an aural presentation to do it justice. A perfect record in my house.

Underappreciated track...

Living the blazing arc of Nirvana in real time was pretty wild. When In Utero was released, the whole trip blasted clean thru the stratosphere all the way into the thermosphere. The first 30 seconds of 'Serve The Servants' made that clear. This record had an artistic rage and an aural presentation to do it justice. A perfect record in my house.

Underappreciated track...

My mom called me twice when someone outside of the family died…when Kurt died and when Jerry Garcia died.

Hmm... I actually can't say with any certainty that I've listened to In Utero before. I know I had Nevermind and Bleach growing up but I never actually owned this one. I know a good amount of the tracks from radio play and listening to them at friend's houses, but I don't think I've ever actually sat down and listened to it straight through.

Hmm... I actually can't say with any certainty that I've listened to In Utero before. I know I had Nevermind and Bleach growing up but I never actually owned this one. I know a good amount of the tracks from radio play and listening to them at friend's houses, but I don't think I've ever actually sat down and listened to it straight through.
You’re in for a treat.

Did you get a chance to give it a listen?

Hey @TenderLovingKiller® have you ever listened to Kishi Bashi? Reason I ask is his music has this bright sheen to it, sounds euphoric but is often times accompanied by smart and dark lyrics. Listening to the new album made me think about how much I felt this Elliott Smith album hit that way too. Kishi may be a little poppier than you like music to sound though.

My favorite Elliott Smith record. I know it’s not everyone’s top choice but I love the opulence of the larger, more professional production. Also, “Somebody That I Used To Know” is the best song The Beatles never wrote.
Same. This was my first one and the production and his arrangements and versatility truly shine.

Back