The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project

Last edited:
Oh, and just a quick little bonus track in the Meat Loaf discussion. This is my favourite Jim Steinman track. It's not Meat Loaf, but from the (awesome) movie "Streets of Fire". I love how this song just builds and builds and just when you think it has reached it's peak and chorus, it just throws you into a crescendo that's a mix of Motown, Born to Run and every power ballad you've ever heard. And yes this is cheesy, but we're talking a world class camenbert cheese with truffel butter here.

EDIT: And if you haven't seen the movie, do so! It is a classic "boy rescues girl"-fable set in a neon drenched, rain soaked, neo noir hellscape, has Willem Dafoe as one of the best bad guys in 80s cinema, and ends with a sledgehammer fight. Yes, that's an actual duel with sledgehammers. And it's just as crazy and fun as it sounds.

Last edited:
I don’t like this one as much as Too-Rye-Ay but I like it, a lot. Seems to lean a bit more towards Ska territory. His voice is so great.

4/3//4
View attachment 199366
Penguin Cafe Orchestra - Music from the Penguin Cafe

I am not overly familiar with Penguin Cafe Orchestra. The main song I am familiar with, “Perpetuum Mobile” isn’t on this record. I bet most know that song. It was in like every late 1980s yuppy drama and many bank commercials.

I am not overly familiar with Penguin Cafe Orchestra. The main song I am familiar with, “Perpetuum Mobile” isn’t on this record. I bet most know that song. It was in like every late 1980s yuppy drama and many bank commercials.

I'm also mostly familiar with this group through movies. Their stuff tend to pop up in either quirky indie dramacomedies from the 00s or 80s drama/thrillers. They get sampled a lot too, I think?

Last edited:
Back