The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project

3/15/24
1710501148974.jpeg
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Pronounced ‘Leh-‘Nerd ‘Skin-‘Nerd

Since this is an extended version, the album ends with Free Bird.

I like Lynyrd Skynyrd, by the way! I only got around to listening to them after getting hooked on Drive-by Truckers, which is when I realized they were more than Sweet Home Alabama and Free Bird. I don't think I've ever listened to any of their album in full though, so here goes nothing!

I like Lynyrd Skynyrd, by the way! I only got around to listening to them after getting hooked on Drive-by Truckers, which is when I realized they were more than Sweet Home Alabama and Free Bird. I don't think I've ever listened to any of their album in full though, so here goes nothing!
Don’t blame us if you start growing your hair out into a mullet

A bit of a blind spot really. I forget exactly why I spent some time with XO recently, but I dig that so optimistic about this.
Personally, Figure 8 is my favorite but all of his albums are pretty fantastic and most would say Eithet/Or is his best. Smith has a Beatle-esque pop sensibility that is hard to deny.

Every time I listen to Elliot Smith I wonder why I don't have him in my regular rotation of artists I listen to. I like the vocal style, I like the lyrics I like....pretty much everything about this album. 4/5.
Pretty much sums up my thoughts (although I do have to admit, I’ve only been aware of his existence since hanging out with you lot)

My first Elliott Smith record was Figure 8, which is still my favourite too, but all of his records are great (including the posthumous From a Basement on the Hill). As alluded to above, on top of his otherworldly songwriting ability, the man simply had a conception of melody and arrangement that rivalled the best to ever do it.

Back