The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project

Jurassic 5 is a bit of blind spot for me, although I know I’ve listen to them and enjoyed it. Also, my friend who is a huge hip hop aficionado rates them as an all time top 5 act of the genre, so looking forward to this!
They are for sure a great group. The four MCs have a unique way of working together and Cut Chemist and NuMark make tasty beats. Their writing is top notch too.

Yeah but if I recall and looking at allmusic scores would seem to support this, less consistent

Yeah. Fair. I've not even come close to listening to all of it, but there are definitely a handful of "just because you can doesn't mean you should" moments sprinkled liberally throughout.

But when he's ON... Good lord.

Willie also has a LOT of fluctuation in his catalogue and consistency, so he's probably the best comparison of the lot. Although Willie's inconsistent bits seem much more linear by comparison.

I absolutely love The Strokes and The Hives. The Vines are fine if nothing special. Including Jet in this group is like including Creed with Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, and Pearl Jam in a list of grunge bands.
I never had their records, but Jet opened for Oasis at Red Rocks on their last American tour and it was one of the best pure Rock sets I've seen. The Oasis brothers were so busy pouting and trying to avoid each other on stage that their set was entirely forgettable by comparison.

I've never really got hooked on kraut rock, even though I have several friends who've tried to convert me throughout the years. I actually own this on CD and I have listened to it from time to time, to see if I can grow into digging it. So far to no real avail. It's not bad or anything, but I just don't feel it. I have exactly the same issue with Captain Beefheart, by the way.

I did not get far into it before slumberland called me. I will give it a listen tonight after the rest of the house is down. I’m fairly certain my wife will hate the first side.

Back