The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project

Im new to Nick Drake in the grand scheme of things. This is fantastic!
That Volkswagen commercial that featured “Pink Moon” was my introduction to Nick Drake. I ended up buying this compilation on CD…
…when I was a freshman in college. I listened to it A LOT when I was winding down in the evening. So far, Five Leaves Left is the only album I own on wax but I’ll certainly end up with more as opportunities present themselves.

Last edited:
That Volkswagen commercial the featured “Pink Moon” was my introduction to Nick Drake. I ended up buying this compilation on CD…
…when I was a freshman in college. I listened to it A LOT when I was winding down in the evening. So far Five Leaves Left is the only album I on wax but I certainly end up with more as the opportunity presents itself.
I had a friend who gave me that compilation on my birthday sometime in the late 90s, and it was my introduction to Drake as well!

Pink Moon is my favorite album of his, but this isn't far behind. Mellow and beautiful.

Is the album really quiet on other platforms or is it just a Qobuz thing? I thought something was wrong with my earbuds last night, but same thing on the hifi today.

It’s still awfully quiet in the Px7s but it is very nice once I crank it to a level that would be obnoxious with anything else. So weird.

Back