The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project

Man, I don’t know. I’m giving this a second listen now and it doesn’t do anything for me. It’s not bad, just… I don’t know.🤷‍♀️

Anyhow @Hemotep what albums would you suggest to someone who isn’t super familiar with them. I feel like this isn’t the best representation of the band somehow.
Vagabonds of the Western World
Jailbreak (VMP did a great job on this one)

16 yr old skateboarding me is very happy
Yep, same here. Minor Threat was one of those bands that popped up on mixtapes my skate buddies cranked on the boom box by the half pipe. Today I prefer what Ian MacKaye did with Fugazi, and I do think there’s better hardcore punk out there. But this still feels like a shot of adrenaline straight to the heart when I crank up the volume on ”It Follows”.

Last edited:
I probably have not listened to the entire album this century. This is one of those albums that is important, despite the music. I know for me MT/Discord and the entire DC scene was about doing it for yourself, which myself and my friends took to heart in our town, putting on shows and starting bands.

It is like the weight of The Buzzcocks first ep, Boredom. Musically it is not great but it showed a bunch of people that you can do all of this outside of the ‘system’

3/5 for me.

Now if you don’t mind I am going to skank around my office.

I was 11 when this came out and I had another 1984 album on vinyl instead, the one by Van Halen. I didn’t discover MacKaye until Fugazi hit. Had a friend who was into Minor Threat and heard him playing the first ep and was like what is that? Still have the vinyl copy I bought later that week. Didn’t really dive into Minor Threat until I was listening to the audiobook for Our Band Could be Your Life (I should really get back to that).

Back