The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project

Funny, I was just thinking something similar after seeing that Allmusic gives it 4 1/2 stars and their review is literally two sentences. And the second sentence is "Winwood also plays all the instruments."
Allmusic often resembles pitchfork where it seems like a committee chose the score and someone wrote something up but they don’t necessarily jibe.

Listening to it last night was the first time I was like why is this on the list. It’s not bad just bland. It’s like the stereotypical adult contemporary album. The only way it could be more stereotypical is if it were Michael Bolton or Josh Groben.

11/30/23
f1c64cfffa940110990bfb7d84bd81222c3aaed3

Tricky - Maxinquaye

I know a couple of things. I have never spent enough time with this album. However, I kind of think that’s a good thing because it still manages to blow my mind every damn time.

12/1/23
View attachment 189227
Led Zeppelin - II

Hearing Nicole Atkins cover "What is and What Never Should Be" live as an encore made me have a newfound appreciation for it. Phenomenal record overall of course. "The Lemon Song" is a little...ehh...

Rating: 4.5/5 [Outstanding]

I have a feeling almost all of their discography is gonna be included on here. Probably that Plant and Allison Krause album too.
What I've learned from listening to these 2 Led Zeppelin albums is that I just assumed that I knew the names of all of the songs I hear from them on Classic rock radio, but I don't. I probably just thought they were all the same 2 or 3 songs.

What I've learned from listening to these 2 Led Zeppelin albums is that I just assumed that I knew the names of all of the songs I hear from them on Classic rock radio, but I don't. I probably just thought they were all the same 2 or 3 songs.
Yeah, this was the era when bands would release an album of 8 to 10 tracks every year so, it’s understandable that it would all just kinda bleed together a bit. I went through a classic rock phase in High School and spent a decent amount of time with Zep, The Doors, Pink Floyd, etc… it has made it tough to seek out much of their classic albums without being prodded. I still enjoy them to a varying degree but the desire just isn’t there for me.

12/1/23
View attachment 189227
Led Zeppelin - II

Good album. Has some nice big tracks. Not a patch on I and III

3.5/5

Edit because of course they famously never had singles despite “Whole Lot Of Love” ironically being the background music for the top 10 countdown on Top of the Pops…

Back