The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project

11/8/23
35c63015db94655a9c6dbce53feebaf7c385132a

Fever Ray - Fever Ray

'Keep The Streets Empty For Me' is excellent.

Good album, very listenable.

3 / 5 stars.

Haven't listened to Talvin Singh in about 10 years. Wonder if I still have the CD?

Fun album. 3.5/5

If you enjoyed this, give Tabla Beat Science - Tala Matrix a spin which is him and Bill Laswell plus others. Similar feel but more dubby

Monumental release but the last Led Zep record I ever reach for. I never need to ever hear RnR or Stairway ever again ever.

Conversely, never come for my Levee or Four Sticks.
I never really tire of Stairway. There are times when Rock N Roll could be skipped though. I’m much more likely to reach for III or Houses of the Holy.

I never really tire of Stairway. There are times when Rock N Roll could be skipped though. I’m much more likely to reach for III or Houses of the Holy.

Not to deviate but this a creative, blistering cover of Four Sticks and it's my sworn duty to turn folks on to this version and this record every chance I get...

I remember being at junior high dances as a young teen and realizing who’s parents listened to classic rock and who’s didn’t by which people decided to slow dance to Stairway and then gotta sit back and watch the awkwardness of the couples not knowing what to do as the song sped up. It was a good time.

11/10/23
View attachment 186863
Led Zeppelin - IV

Eight classics. Echoing @Yer Ol' Uncle D on both "Rock and Roll" and "Stairway to Heaven."
One of the greatest classic rock records ever. "Going to California" is one of my favorite folk bits.

Rating: 4.5/5 [Outstanding]

11/10/23
View attachment 186863
Led Zeppelin - IV

Haven't listened to Led Zep for ages, YEARS...

I imagine the lads are a bit disappointed that 'Four Sticks' only has 17.6 million streams.

Good album, not a dud song in there.

(and 'When The Levee Breaks' is the best song on the album)

4 / 5 stars.

Back