The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project

Good, nice to get off of albums that are here just because of popularity. This one is brilliant!

11/6/23
View attachment 186555
Metallica - Metallica

The last great Metallica album in my book, although not my favorite of theirs (that would be “…And Justice For All”, mostly because that was were I discoverd them. The bad production is part of the appeal. It sounds raw and unrelening. Anyway, I digress.)
After Justice Metallica could only do one of two choices, either turn even more extreme and become either a death metal act, or they could try to write a hit. “One” had already proven that they could appeal to the mainstream as a minor MTV hit, so the choice wasn’t that far fetched.
To me The Black Album is the soundtrack to almost every house party in my mid-teens were there was always some metal heads insisting on on playing Sad But True at highest possibly volume, clearing the room of everyone but themselves (and me if I was drunk enough).
A great album nonetheless, and when I listen to it now, a previously anonymous song like “Don’t Thread On Me” stands out as one of their best.

11/8/23
35c63015db94655a9c6dbce53feebaf7c385132a

Fever Ray - Fever Ray

I believe I got this in the other thread. I may investigate at some point. It was around the time the newest Fever Ray album came out. I like this a lot. It's interesting. I vaguely remember the Knife. This is dark and hypnotic. The perfect music for the day light saving blahs. It feels cold and like night is darker than it should be. It's feverish and still quite captivating and alluring.

Last edited:
11/8/23

Fever Ray - Fever Ray

This has been on my list of albums to check out for a while now so this is the perfect opportunity. Will definitely make work interesting tomorrow

11/8/23

Fever Ray - Fever Ray

LOVED this album when it first came out. The D. Lissvik remix version of "When I Grow Up" is better than the album version though. I actually haven't listened to it since that time so I'm looking forward to revisiting it to see how it holds up.

11/8/23

Fever Ray - Fever Ray

I'd say this album held up very well for me. It didn't really sound like anything else at the time so it doesn't sound dated. I love the production and the vocal effects. It gives it a dark brooding vibe. 4/5 for me.

Not the album I was expecting it to be. I always assumed it was more abrasive of an album but it was surprisingly subtle. Listening to it during work really wasn’t the environment to digest this so I have to find some time to try it again

Name rings a bell. Don’t think I’ve ever listened to him before. About a minute it, digging it!

Back