The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project

I dig this album a lot. Ray of Light was a bit of a rejuvenation, this is a lot of fun and then Confessions is her last great album.

Qobuz has this listed as the US version. Does anyone now the difference between this and the… not US version?

10/10/23
View attachment 184285
Madonna - Music

This was the last Madonna album that I feel like mattered to mainstream popular culture. I enjoyed the singles but haven’t spent any time with the album as a whole. Ali G was in the music video and I was obsessed with Da Ali G Show when this album dropped.

This was the last Madonna album that I feel like mattered to popular culture as a whole. I enjoyed the singles but haven’t spent any time with the album as a whole. Ali G was in the music video and I was obsessed with Da Ali G Show when this album dropped.
Confessions was huge (and better than this album). I thought it was the last good one too, but then realized that Confessions was after it.

How much Madonna is on the list? While I dig this album, seems like a weird one to include. I would think Like A Virgin, Like a Prayer, Ray of Light and maybe Bedtime Stories (which is the album that makes the most sense to me if you are going to pick an under appreciated gem) and Erotica. The first album is still the best though.

Confessions was huge (and better than this album). I thought it was the last good one too, but then realized that Confessions was after it.
It might just be where I was in my life when Confessions On A Dance Floor was released but I don’t recall any songs from that album breaking through (to me). Madonna is like The Rolling Stones in that every album she reaches will sell well and be newsworthy but I don’t recall hearing any of the tracks on tv or the radio.

It might just be where I was in my life when Confessions On A Dance Floor was released but I don’t recall any songs from that album breaking through (to me). Madonna is like The Rolling Stones in that every album she reaches will sell well and be newsworthy but I don’t recall hearing any of the tracks on tv or the radio.
This was more ubiquitous than anything on Music:

It’s also a banger.

I realized I haven’t listened to her last two albums. I should probably give them a listen.

10/10/23
View attachment 184285
Madonna - Music

The title track is one of my all-time fave Madonna songs for sure (hell, I had a picture disc 12" single for it back when I didn't even own a record player!) I don't recall whether I ever heard the whole album or not.

I bet @Fleetwood-Matt and @Sonicpharmacist have thoughts on Madge.
Her singles always did more for me than her album…..exceptions being the first two, Ray of Light and Music. Idk why Music is often overlooked, What It Feels Like for a Girl might be my second favorite song of hers (Borderline will always hold the top spot)

Back