The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project

This is my first time listening to Illmatic. A lot of time with classic albums I feel too much pressure to listen and appreciate them that I just never listen to them and this album has fallen to that. I must say that This album absolutely lived up to the hype! The run from “NY State of Mind” to “Halftime” especially blew me away! I really don’t have much to say about this, it’s so simple in how good it is. The second I was done my first listen I hopped back in for round 2. “Life’s a Bitch” is probably the standout song for me

This is my first time listening to Illmatic. A lot of time with classic albums I feel too much pressure to listen and appreciate them that I just never listen to them and this album has fallen to that. I must say that This album absolutely lived up to the hype! The run from “NY State of Mind” to “Halftime” especially blew me away! I really don’t have much to say about this, it’s so simple in how good it is. The second I was done my first listen I hopped back in for round 2. “Life’s a Bitch” is probably the standout song for me
Some contend it’s the greatest 90s hip hop album ever made and while I personally would put a couple albums higher, it’s not an unreasonable claim.

Some contend it’s the greatest 90s hip hop album ever made and while I personally would put a couple albums higher, it’s not an unreasonable claim.

I don’t think it’ll bump “The Score” out of that place for me but i can absolutely see it settling at #2. I should note that 90s rap is a pretty big blind spot for me so I have a lot more of the genre to explore

I don’t think it’ll bump “The Score” out of that place for me but i can absolutely see it settling at #2. I should note that 90s rap is a pretty big blind spot for me so I have a lot more of the genre to explore
IMO it’s the best decade for Hip-Hop. It’s an excellent rabbit hole to explore.

1. De La Soul - Stakes is High
2. A Tribe Called Quest - Low End Theory
3. Beastie Boys - Ill Communication
4. DJ Shadow - Endtroducing
5. Outkast - Aquemini
6. The Roots - Things Fall Apart
7. Jurassic 5 - Jurassic 5
8. Common - One Day It Will All Make Sense
9. Lauryn Hill - The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
10. Mos Def and Talib Kweli are Black Star

1. De La Soul - Stakes is High
2. A Tribe Called Quest - Low End Theory
3. Beastie Boys - Ill Communication
4. DJ Shadow - Endtroducing
5. Outkast - Aquemini
6. The Roots - Things Fall Apart
7. Jurassic 5 - Jurassic 5
8. Common - One Day It Will All Make Sense
9. Lauryn Hill - The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
10. Mos Def and Talib Kweli are Black Star
That’s 10. Dude asked for 5.

10/5/23
View attachment 183945
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin III

Led Zeppelin is the most Classic Rock band to ever Classic Rock. I always enjoy their albums when I play them but; like Doors and Pink Floyd, I rarely give them a go. I think I listened to these bands too much when I was a teenager that it’s tough for me to get too excited about them now.

Last edited:
Led Zeppelin is the most Classic Rock band to ever Classic Rock. I always enjoy their albums when I play them but; like Doors and Pink Floyd, I rare give them a go. I think I listened to these bands too much when I was a teenager that it’s tough for me to get too excited about them now.

Large chunks of Zep I kinda agree. I own all the albums from when they were reissued and I know everyone rags on them but honestly I’ve no intention on grabbing expensive reissues of good stuff I rarely pull of the shelf.

Saying all that this is the one that I am most drawn too and that id grab semi regularly. The almost folk rock elements make it a really easy album to listen to.

This is my favorite Zeppelin album.

Same! The one two punch of “Immigrant Song” and “Friends” is my favorite moment on any Zep album

Like The Rolling Stones they are definitely a band whose hits I enjoy more than their whole albums but I never regret when I do play a whole album

Back