The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project

9/20/23

View attachment 182682
Paul McCartney and Wings - Band on the Run

Weird that I've made it 40 years on this earth without knowing that's what the Band on the Run album cover looked like.

I've never dug much into Beatles side projects full albums (besides All Things Must Past) so I'm looking forward to this.

Really enjoyed Band on the Run! Definitely still had some of the Beatles juices flowing. 4/5 for me. (I won't penalize it for Apple Music thinking I wanted to listen to a Rhianna, Kanye West and Paul McCartney song after the album was over)

9/20/23
7fdbd342a1cb9680a3471e684f7f97da51f737ac

Pink Floyd - The Piper at the Gates of Dawn

Wow. Stunning. I’ve been fond of Piazzolla for some time. Both Terry Gilliam and Yo-yo Ma are responsible for that. I’ve also come to love the vibes over the years. Never would have thought the vibes would fit into the Nuevo Tango movement but here we are with two brilliant musicians playing amazingly intricate music with masterful skill and emotion. Piazzolla’s music is some of the most passionate I have ever heard and clearly I should just go spelunking in this here rabbit hole.

I keep waiting for my wife to ask me what is going on with the music this morning, but she is just rolling with it.

I’ve desensitized her to random music listening.

Back