The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project

It's also very long. Jesus there are deluxe and super deluxe versions!
I went straight to the regular album on Apple Music. It was still 1 hr and 15 minutes (That includes about 5 minutes of silence before the hidden track, but still long). I stand by what I said about all the songs after Lucky Man.

I went straight to the regular album on Apple Music. It was still 1 hr and 15 minutes (That includes about 5 minutes of silence before the hidden track, but still long). I stand by what I said about all the songs after Lucky Man.
Yeah, that's the one I am listening to on Spotify. Just skipped about three minutes of silence.

Man, I don't know it's a two or a three. I didn't hate it, but I don't foresee myself ever listening to it again.

I listen to so much Colemine that anything over 35 minutes seems like a double lp to me.

Yeah 35 to 40 minutes is about right for a single album for me. 13 tracks at 75 is a bit mental. That was the year britpop imploded and there were a lot of drugs and a lot of very long albums with very long songs around that year.

08/29/23
7bf16fcb2a5d48fba8c70c54b9d4b5ad05131fc6

Portishead - Third

08/29/23

Portishead - Third

I've only ever listened to Dummy and really like that album but never really dug into any of their other albums. Really liking the sound of this one so far!

08/29/23

Portishead - Third

Portishead as a band is one of my top50 of all time. Naturally, my opinion of this album remains exceedingly positive.

It isn't quite trip-hop. It isn't quite electronic. It's twisted and demented in many other ways. With a few of these songs cutting abruptly, it only adds to the disturbing undertones of the record.

Not quite perfect. "Deep Water" is awkwardly placed between the excellent "We Carry On" and "Machine Gun."

Other than that...

Rating: 4.5/5 [Outstanding]

Back