The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project

'Here Comes Your Man' was probably their biggest radio hit until Fight Club came out and really blew 'Where is my Mind' up.
wiki confirms "Here Comes Your Man" being their biggest hit with a #3 on the alternative chart.

edit: and it's important to note this is the pre-nirvana alternative chart too. So this would get you play on the college radio stations and on 120 minutes, but they weren't talking about you on the weekly video countdown or anything.

Last edited:
I'm confused by the responses around don't like Pixies... I've never met anyone that didn't like the Pixies. lol

I'm much more likely to listen to Surfer Rosa, but the noise plus pop hook here was what made them super influential. This is a landmark album and still holds up well.

I've always had a hard time getting into the Pixies. I didn't get to listen to this one in full to see if it changed my mind.

are they playing them on sirius or something? I'm racking my brain here, but I don't think they got heavily played even in their heyday.

Yeah. I feel like Sirius XMU and Lithium at the very least play a lot of Pixies but it's usually just the three or four big hits ("Monkey Gone To Heaven", "Where Is My Mind", "Gigantic", "Here Comes Your Man").

I didn't really discover The Pixies until the 2000's and I've actually seen them at Coachella twice. I like a few of their lesser known songs but am so tired of those "hits".

Yeah. I feel like Sirius XMU and Lithium at the very least play a lot of Pixies but it's usually just the three or four big hits ("Monkey Gone To Heaven", "Where Is My Mind", "Gigantic", "Here Comes Your Man").

I didn't really discover The Pixies until the 2000's and I've actually seen them at Coachella twice. I like a few of their lesser known songs but am so tired of those "hits".
fair enough.

I think I might play a drinking game where I take shot every time @Bohnjaggs drops a Coachella reference in a comment.

I am gonna call it Boachella.

Not sure if my liver can take it though.

Well I went to Coachella 17 different years so there's not too many modern artists that I didn't see there. I'd still be going if not for our daughter, and we might take her in the next couple of years.

I laughed when he was like “words, paragraphs and phrases” like he was trying to get to the minimum word threshold of a Discogs review.

Back