The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project

My wife is NOT a Radiohead fan, but I am and we have friends in a group chat that are, so we go back and forth on them. I had to screencap these two back to back reviews of the Bends and send it to them as it perfectly defines the range of feelings people have for Radiohead.

View attachment 175153

Whomever wrote that first one has issues. Maybe an intervention needs to be staged…

Joni Mitchell ~ Hissing of Summer Lawns

New discovery for me. Familiar with other Joni, but not this one. A little more adventurous and stylistic, which I appreciated. And the way she wraps her voice around all the instrumentation is top notch as always. 4/5

6/12/23
View attachment 174972

Jorge Ben Jor - Africa Brasil

This one I swapped for blind pretty early in my time with VMP. There was enough in the description that seemed to be up my alley, and it was. I very much dig it still. I've tried a couple other things from his catalogue and they just haven't done it for me, but this one has all the right grooves. 4/5

6/13/23
5a81ca798ba1201b709b6bce9bd695b411bdd101

Sabu - Palo Congo

Loving the Latin grooves! This one's a 3.5 for me that could probably round up on further listens, but for now i"m rounding down.

June 14, 2021
View attachment 175198

Elis Regina - Vento de Maio

Never heard of this before, but really digging it. A few tracks feel like really syrupy late 80s/early 90s production, but nothing that takes too much away from the enjoyment of this one. And it ends on an absolute ripper! 3.5+/4

Back