The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project

5/19/23

Green_Day_-_American_Idiot_album_cover.png

Green Day - American Idiot

It's worth a listen, yall. Even if you have to skip the first song. Was probably a 4-4.5/5 for me at the time it came out. Would probably still be a 3.5, rounded up to 4 for me today.

This is my favorite Green Day album by far. Easily a 5 for me. I hope people here are willing to give it a chance.

I should say that this is the only Green Day album I enjoy in full, even though I owned all of their CDs up until this point. American Idiot was the last one I bought.

I got off the wagon with Nimrod and suddenly a few years later noticed they were full blown rock stars rather than scrappy pop punk goofballs.

5/19/23

Green_Day_-_American_Idiot_album_cover.png

Green Day - American Idiot

Huh, a Green Day Rock Opera, and it's much better than it ought to be!

Ignoring the songs that got played to death on the radio, this is actually a very good album with some excellent songs, especially the longer medleys.

Glad I heard this in the end!

3 / 5 stars.

Huh, a Green Day Rock Opera, and it's much better than it ought to be!

Ignoring the songs that got played to death on the radio, this is actually a very good album with some excellent songs, especially the longer medleys.

Glad I heard this in the end!

3 / 5 stars.
This review is very conflicting to my soul. I’m both curious and trepidatious.

Insomniac is when I stopped. I had jumped on when Kerplunk! hit. I remember strongly disliking the singles from this when they were ubiquitous. It very much seemed like Green Day wanted to be U2

American Idiot is a full on rock opera with a plot line and multiple characters running through it (The Jesus Of Suburbia/St. Jimmy/Whatshername). The radio singles are probably the weakest part.

Back