The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project

5/11/23
Peter Tosh - Legalize It

Been a bunch of years, but this is most probably gonna be a 5 for me. Looking forward to this being one of my last albums to blast in the work truck - and it's supposed to be a hot one tomorrow!

Maybe more like a 4.5 for me, but I'm gonna round it up. Not my favourite Tosh album but I still love it. Definitely my favourite Wailer.

This record is in the JAMC 'Psychocandy' camp in the respect of nothing before it sounded quite like it. A brave, brazen debut. Sublime.
I agree, but unlike Psychocandy, I' m kinda bored by this. I mean, there's plenty to enjoy and be impressed by here: The opening guitar lines of The End, the drums on Break on Through and Morrisons phrasing and lyrics are some examples. But yet, I think I like the idea of The Doors more than actually listening to them. Score: 3 stars

5/12/23
The Doors - The Doora

I am reminded of the many times I used to put 'The End' on the jukebox in my local pub, hear 30 seconds of it and then it being rejected and the barmaid giving me my quid back.

"Who put that bloody song on again?!?!" jt4527? Here's your quid back!!!!!

The Doors for me are a band I can not think about, not listen to for years and then immediately jump right back in without skipping a beat. I think I secretly and very subtly love The Doors very much.

Classic album, brilliant!

5 / 5 stars!

5/12/23
The Doors - The Doora

The Doors was the first Classic Rock album I ever purchased (a CD from Walmart). I listened to it a lot in Junior High. Haven’t spent much time with it since. I should give it a listen here soon.

Buffalo Springfield - Buffalo Springfield Again

I am not familiar with this band, at all.

Good start, Rolling Stone riff in there, amongst the fuzzy, reversed guitar solos.

Stills and Young are in the band, I see.

It is feeling a bit uneven at the moment, no real flow or connection between the tracks.

Decent listen, a bit patchy, but overall it's alright.

3 / 5 stars.

5/15/23

Buffalo%20Springfield%20Again.jpg

I am not familiar with this band, at all.

Good start, Rolling Stone riff in there, amongst the fuzzy, reversed guitar solos.

Stills and Young are in the band, I see.

It is feeling a bit uneven at the moment, no real flow or connection between the tracks.

Decent listen, a bit patchy, but overall it's alright.

3 / 5 stars.
Ha! I know nothing about this band my initial response was that it sounds like a Neil Young/CSNY rip off. I guess that makes more sense now.

I'm about half way through. I like it so far. I can't say it's anything blind blowing but it's been a nice listen.

Friday.

The Doors! One of the most overrated bands of all time. Boring never ending music as a backdrop to pathetic junkie cod philosophy that’s got undeserved kudos because music journalists are generally not that clever. 1/5

Today

Buffalo Springfield. Pleasant non essential fare. Only album of theirs that should be on this list is that other one with that song we all know. 2.5/5 rounded down.

Back