fd97f0d14fe892d6999b70353623393792a5ce0b

Davie Bowie - "Heroes"

5/5/2023
fd97f0d14fe892d6999b70353623393792a5ce0b

Davie Bowie - "Heroes"

I don't really rate Bowie.

There, I said it!

Sounding very dated to me already.

I can't stand his voice, hate his accent.

It wasn't bad, the songs aren't bad, it's a good record, but I just can't stand his voice.

Yikes.

2 / 5 stars.

5/5 for side a and 3.5/5 for side b. For me this is a good solid 4/5 overall.

As @Joe Mac said, it is a bit unbalanced compared even to Low which has stark contrasts between A and B.

I kinda feel it more unbalanced quality wise as much as stylistically. With Low I don’t find that. It has two distinct sides that are different, but work in themselves and quality wise it’s just high right across the board.

5/8/23

Trans-Europe_Express_American.jpg

Kraftwerk - Trans-Europe Express

I haven't listened to any of the albums in this thread since going back to work a week ago but I'll try to play this today. I'm not all that familiar with Kraftwerk, and I've never listened to this album before.

A great album but not my favourite Kraftwerk record. Is this book full of "band's 2nd best records you should hear"?

Definitely their attempt at creating a European Cannon. For me this is another solid 4/5
I imagine with 1001 albums they go a couple albums deep for a lot of bands. It's when an album isn't listed under Essential Albums on Apple Music that I start to question it.

Back