The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project

I love this Gene Clark record. @D Jilla gave it to me when he had me as Secret Santa. It's a perfect bit of Country Rock elevated. It was supposed to be a double album, but the record company didn't like it and refused to release it. It was considered extravagant at the time both in it's budget and studio excess. It is a unique artistic statement that is ambitious and I think pretty damn perfect. (5 stars)

4/26/23

View attachment 173034
Tom Waits - Bone Machine

Allmusic Review:

I'm mildly annoyed with myself for forgetting about this when the album came up:

But I got an email from Dorian Wood today announcing the release of a new album and that jogged my memory of this video, which was my introduction to Dorian Wood 10 years ago, which took me down a deep rabbit hole I haven't visited in a while.

Roxy Music ~ Country Life

First spin didn't do a whole lot for me. Enjoying it more the second time around - particularly the heavier tracks - Thrill of It All, All I Want, and Casanova. The middle songs - If It Takes All Night, Bitter Sweet, and Triptych - while being good examples of different musical styles really end up distracting me. 3/5

5/2/23
9e2823fcd4d28e230d8ec6d63dc4e7799b4cffb5

Serge Gainsbourg - histoire de melody nelson

Allmusic Review:

Those that know frech, should I look up translations for the lyrics or just enjoy the music as I have in the past. I understand that it might be less than um... woke... for lack of a better word.

Back