The Cure - all things big, small, and sticky sweet

Going to Atlanta tonight- can anyone confirm that the band is starting aprox 2 hours from the time doors open, (about 8pm EST)?

Coming in from AL and with the time zone its gonna be cutting it close
Usually 2 hours 15 minutes after doors but check twitter later today - they have been good about posting set times nightly

Sigh

Miami show is tomorrow
I saw this yesterday, and read that the girl who posted the original story (tik tok, I think?) was called out and started blocking people. There was apparently some evidence posted to contradict her claims. He seems like such a good guy, I really hope this is not true.

Miami, last show of the tour:

They played "Lovecats", first time ever on this tour, then Robert extended the 2nd encore, throwing in 10:15 and killing an Arab

RDT_20230702_0104361340044494763339422.png

Also you can't see it well but he's wearing a Mickey Mouse Pride shirt

20230701_212617.jpg

Last edited:
How Essential is Entreat?
IMO, not very. I'd call show/paris better. Not that entreat is bad, it's a pretty decent recording of disintegration-era cure. But it's basically just Disintegration with crowd noise. Paris had the old material that was updated with the late-80s/early-90s sound and Show had all the Wish and Disintegration material presented with a lot of energy (in a way that Entreat didn't)

IMO, not very. I'd call show/paris better. Not that entreat is bad, it's a pretty decent recording of disintegration-era cure. But it's basically just Disintegration with crowd noise. Paris had the old material that was updated with the late-80s/early-90s sound and Show had all the Wish and Disintegration material presented with a lot of energy (in a way that Entreat didn't)
Counterpoint: the original mix of Entreat sounds phenomenal. Also, unlike Entreat Plus, the OG release features only some, and not all, of Disintegration. I love Show and Paris as well, and I’d say that if you do too, then you might as well hunt down an original pressing of Entreat. That version of “Disintegration” is just punishing (in a good way)!

So you think it’s Show > Paris > Entreat?

I’ve got a large TTL gift card burning a hole in my pocket and there’s Cure they have I don’t.

Disintegration is the Cure dialed up to 11 in my book - and was pondering picking up Entreat.

Sounds like I’m streaming a lot of Live Cure this weekend

Last edited:
So you think it’s Show > Paris > Retreat?

I’ve got a large TTL gift card burning a hole in my pocket and there’s Cure they have I don’t.

Disintegration is the Cure dialed up to 11 in my book - and was pondering picking up Entreat.

Sounds like I’m streaming a lot of Live Cure this weekend
For me Paris > show > entreat but Paris is not available on vinyl (yet). Bestival, cureation and anniversary are meh.

If you can find the video for Trilogy, it would rate that above entreat.

Does anyone know what happened with the release of the S/T album? It seems to have been pulled according to this listing and I don't see it up anywhere. This might be my favorite Cure album and was excited for this release.

Back