System no longer playing music

MattS

Hey guys. I just set up my stereo system last night and it sounded great. Used it throughout the day and all good. I leave the room and I hear some static out of the speakers while playing a CD. I switch to my record player and suddenly I am getting no audio from my speakers except a little bit of static that increases as I turn up the volume. Anyone have a similar expirience before? Any suggestions?

Hey guys. I just set up my stereo system last night and it sounded great. Used it throughout the day and all good. I leave the room and I hear some static out of the speakers while playing a CD. I switch to my record player and suddenly I am getting no audio from my speakers except a little bit of static that increases as I turn up the volume. Anyone have a similar expirience before? Any suggestions?

Sounds like an amplifier issue. What amp? Do you have a pair of headphones to check for output through the headphone jack?

Sounds like an amplifier issue. What amp? Do you have a pair of headphones to check for output through the headphone jack?
I have a NAD C 316BEE refurbished that I just bought. I do have headphones I can plug in

Plug in the headphones and see if you get sound. If you don’t, you obviously have a problem with the amp’s input/preamp section. If you get sound, there’s an issue with the speaker amplifier section in the amp. Either way, it sounds like you need a tech or preferably an exchange.

Plug in the headphones and see if you get sound. If you don’t, you obviously have a problem with the amp’s input/preamp section. If you get sound, there’s an issue with the speaker amplifier section in the amp. Either way, it sounds like you need a tech.
Still getting no sound. Guess I got to find a tech

I'm so bummed for you, I was looking forward to you enjoying all the new gear. Hopefully they can replace it since it's a referb :(

So the replacement receiver came today and everything is up and running! Part of me was wondering if I should ask for a full refund as my old receiver sounded fine. Then I put on Jazz Samba and it sounded much better on the NAD, so I will be keeping it. Thanks everyone for the help

Back