Spin The Black Circle - The Pearl Jam Thread

There's so much I'm enjoying about this album, but the production just diminishes that enjoyment so much. Ugh.

I'm glad you said this, because I really wanted to like this one. It rocks, it's exactly what I want in a PJ record, but I just couldn't get into it because of how it sounds. Seems badly compressed. Unfortunate, because I quite liked Gigaton and a part of that is because it sounds fantastic (my biggest knock against that one is that it is a bit too long by a couple mellower tracks).

People with the vinyl, does it sound better on vinyl than the digital?

I'm glad you said this, because I really wanted to like this one. It rocks, it's exactly what I want in a PJ record, but I just couldn't get into it because of how it sounds. Seems badly compressed. Unfortunate, because I quite liked Gigaton and a part of that is because it sounds fantastic (my biggest knock against that one is that it is a bit too long by a couple mellower tracks).

People with the vinyl, does it sound better on vinyl than the digital?
Discogs seems to have a general consensus of awful sounding vinyl as well. The more I listen to the album the more infuriated I get. I'm really enjoying the songs and would love to hear them without feeling like my ears are being beaten mercilessly.

Discogs seems to have a general consensus of awful sounding vinyl as well. The more I listen to the album the more infuriated I get. I'm really enjoying the songs and would love to hear them without feeling like my ears are being beaten mercilessly.

They did so well with the pressing and mastering of the last one... this is so disappointing. It's an incredibly tiring listen. Even the mellower tracks seem off.

After readding some favourable reviews first i´m rather dissapointed. I agree on the production being terrible but after the fisrt listen i also don´t think there are many memorable songs on this. it´s a record i´ll keep in my new records spotify rotation but i don´t think i need it on vinyl and probably i would not pull out much.

Back