Spendor Speakers

Quick update.. the folks at Spendor confirmed that they have a kit specifically made for this exact woofer replacement and are sending it to my dealer so he can mount them correctly. Pretty thrilled.

More to come.
I see a few upsides from your experience:

You’ve experienced awesome customer service from Spendor. Very impressive.

You’ll actually get to break them in- not something that usually happens with used gear. At least a partial break in as the crossover is long past that.

I’d think you’ll end up with a proper pair at a great price.

And you’ve saved a pair from a poorly executed “upgrade” from the original owner. I’d offer to leave the current woofers with your dealer in case someone can use them in the future. You won’t be needing them.

I see a few upsides from your experience:

You’ve experienced awesome customer service from Spendor. Very impressive.

You’ll actually get to break them in- not something that usually happens with used gear. At least a partial break in as the crossover is long past that.

I’d think you’ll end up with a proper pair at a great price.

And you’ve saved a pair from a poorly executed “upgrade” from the original owner. I’d offer to leave the current woofers with your dealer in case someone can use them in the future. You won’t be needing them.
Quick point of clarification: the new Classic 3/1 woofers stay so no break in and no other new woofer coming. The kit typically comes with the new Classic 3/1 woofer (which they aren’t sending since I have them) along with various gaskets, spacers and mounting tools/screws. The Classic 3/1 woofer is a direct replacement for the SP3/1 woofer with this kit.

Dealer will also check/test the crossovers to be sure they are at spec and work with Spendor if any replacements needed.

Spendor has been fantastic and my next new speaker purchase will be from them for certain.

Quick point of clarification: the new Classic 3/1 woofers stay so no break in and no other new woofer coming. The kit typically comes with the new Classic 3/1 woofer (which they aren’t sending since I have them) along with various gaskets, spacers and mounting tools/screws. The Classic 3/1 woofer is a direct replacement for the SP3/1 woofer with this kit.

Dealer will also check/test the crossovers to be sure they are at spec and work with Spendor if any replacements needed.

Spendor has been fantastic and my next new speaker purchase will be from them for certain.
You just put Spendor back on my radar screen. Now, how many plasma donations will I need to make to afford a pair of A7's in walnut?

You just put Spendor back on my radar screen. Now, how many plasma donations will I need to make to afford a pair of A7's in walnut?

I feel like I will settle on a new pair of Classic 3/1's or A4's as my next new speaker purchase. I would also trade my Forte's straight up for a pair of A4's if I could find a willing partner.

Either way, the Forte's are going to listed for sale shortly as the smaller form factor of the Spendors are better in my room.

In the October 2019 issue of Stereophile on page 36 (I was reading it this weekend), there was a Spendor advertisement that said "The width of our A7, actual size." The speaker width is several millimeters smaller than the page width. More slender than my LS50's and their stands. I was gobsmacked. That made a very memorable impression. The A4's are even slimmer.

Well, it’s been a while since I posted here. Rough summer.

My SP3/1’s are back from the dealer and having less than $300 into them altogether I couldn’t be happier. The re-mounting of the newer Classic 3/1 Woofers was completed and the crossovers gone over.

The Fortes will be sold in the next month or so. Dealer thinks he may have a buyer, but if anyone here may be interested let me know. I just have no interest in shipping them.

Hope everyone is well. 3A3E36D1-10BE-4603-B894-DFB4AF401891.jpeg69BC74BE-E969-48DA-A30F-DDC85C5E6EA8.jpeg

Well, it’s been a while since I posted here. Rough summer.

My SP3/1’s are back from the dealer and having less than $300 into them altogether I couldn’t be happier. The re-mounting of the newer Classic 3/1 Woofers was completed and the crossovers gone over.

The Fortes will be sold in the next month or so. Dealer thinks he may have a buyer, but if anyone here may be interested let me know. I just have no interest in shipping them.

Hope everyone is well. View attachment 152912View attachment 152913
Those
are
GORGEOUS.

Nicely done.

Back