Shelving Suggestions

RenegadeMonster

Now Spinning
Admin
I'm in need of new shelving to store my records.

The shelf pictured below I got at Target. The two shelves on the left already failed and the top right shelf now has failed.

I'm debating if I should get another book case like the one that stores the vast majority of records, but wouldn't fit in this corner without displacing the recliner. Any suggestions on what I could get and that would fit in this area and would be sturdy enough where I wouldn't have to worry about the shelves failling.

Attachments

• 1691260658672.png
    1691260658672.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
  • 1691260678003.png
    1691260678003.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
  • 1691260701430.png
    1691260701430.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
Are these all cube style shelving? Kinda hard to tell by the photos. I mostly have the kallax or the Target cubes at home. I used to get the Mapleshade shelves because they are stackable/modular but the price went crazy on them the past few years

Geez how’d it break? I’ve had those shelves for years now and they still seem sturdy!

You can see on the third picture. The particle board split / splintered above the peg that holds the shelf in place. It slowly pushed its way through the particle board from the weight of the records.

when the left top shelf went, it smashed through the bottom left shelf. Thank god I had no records on it at the time. Loud crash at 2:30 am that made me jump out of bed.

You can see on the third picture. The particle board split / splintered above the peg that holds the shelf in place. It slowly pushed its way through the particle board from the weight of the records.

when the left top shelf went, it smashed through the bottom left shelf. Thank god I had no records on it at the time. Loud crash at 2:30 am that made me jump out of bed.
What’s your budget? I’ve couple cubes from SimpleWoodGoods that I’m fond of, and they’re both sturdy and stackable.

What’s your budget? I’ve couple cubes from SimpleWoodGoods that I’m fond of, and they’re both sturdy and stackable.

Oh, I like these, but at $250 a cube I'll be dropping $1500 to have enough cubes for what vinyl records need to go in them at this time. So yikes, out of my budget to get all at once.

Oh, I like these, but at $250 a cube I'll be dropping $1500 to have enough cubes for what vinyl records need to go in them at this time. So yikes, out of my budget to get all at once.
The scratch and dents cost less, but yes, it is not the cheapest option for a large collection. I do like that you can buy them piecemeal, though.

Back