RSD2020 N&G Collaborative Effort

scotthilk

What's up all? As RSD2020 comes closer, I was hoping to be proactive in helping coordinate N&G members grabbing RSD titles for other N&G members. The last few years, myself and many others have tried to grab albums for others in the forum who cannot locate a record they are seeking. It's sort of a shit show and hard to navigate, so I wanted to brainstorm some ideas here.

The tough thing is that the posts are not updated in real time, so it is hard to know if a member wants/still needs a record or not. When I am in the record store with record in hand, I am unsure if the person(s) actually want it or not. Since RSD is relatively time sensitive (at least for the hot items), time is of essence in communication between people here and the people in the stores.

I was thinking that people could potentially post the Top 3/Top 5 albums they are seeking, and then delete the titles as they buy them/locate them elsewhere.

Thoughts? Am I complicating it too much? I just know that last year it was crazy trying to grab titles while refreshing NG on my phone while answering texts/PMs/etc while a mob of other people were grabbing records! Chime in!

Maybe try a group messaging app for realtime updates?

But also guys, don't ruin your experience trying to help others. If people are mobbing around you, first off, fuck that store for handling it that way, but second, don't give yourself a panic attack.

Back