Questions about power protection

MacDonals

I am considering getting a surge protector for my audio equipment. I have a few questions for the experts here:
  • I am protecting about $3,500 worth of equipment. Any recommendations?
  • The Panamax MR4300 looks nice and should cover all my gear. Thoughts?
  • The MR4300 supports high current equipment. What would classify as "high current"?

I am considering getting a surge protector for my audio equipment. I have a few questions for the experts here:
  • The MR4300 supports high current equipment. What would classify as "high current"?

High current would be the likes of integrated/power amplifiers, powered speakers or subwoofers that may take a higher power draw than source equipment.

The Panamax is a nice piece and I wouldn’t dream of running a system without power conditioning/surge protection.

Decades ago I came home and my then wife told me the stereo was dead. All of the lights on the Panamax were out. Further investigation proved that all of my components were fine. The Panamax took the hit. They even repaired it for free.

I have that panamax. Works great during our brown outs

I have a SurgeX. It protects my source components but I don’t put my power amp on it. It current restricts the amp, so its on its own.

Back