Profile Posts: The Still Missing Howto

debianlinux

I just stumbled upon profile posts and even the follow feature yesterday. I responded to several profile posts and followed several people. I had expected to get some sort of alerts surrounding these things. I have not. Notification settings don’t seem inclusive of these things. Like, what exactly does following someone mean if I am not getting alerted to their profile posts? How can I get alerts when my responses in profile posts get responded to? Is there a Watched feature for this sub feature?

I just stumbled upon profile posts and even the follow feature yesterday. I responded to several profile posts and followed several people. I had expected to get some sort of alerts surrounding these things. I have not. Notification settings don’t seem inclusive of these things. Like, what exactly does following someone mean if I am not getting alerted to their profile posts? How can I get alerts when my responses in profile posts get responded to? Is there a Watched feature for this sub feature?
You should get normal alerts when someone responds and those you follow will show up in the Members Online window on the main forum page.
1564888201653.png

If you click on “New Posts” one of the headers is called “Your News Feed” and only the people you follow will show up there. Check your preferences in your profile. Maybe you turned off all notifications. If someone comments on a profile post after you, you can allow alerts.

Last edited:
My News Feed appears to be working as intended since I got up this morning. Maybe there is some server synchronization that happens overnight because it was previously full of everything by everyone. It is still overrun with reactions and I have not notifications enabled for reactions. I have to sort through 20 reactions for every post.

My News Feed appears to be working as intended since I got up this morning. Maybe there is some server synchronization that happens overnight because it was previously full of everything by everyone. It is still overrun with reactions and I have not notifications enabled for reactions. I have to sort through 20 reactions for every post.
I don't think there's an option for reactions...which imho renders the news feed useless.

Right. Basically, I’d love a way to keep up with just the conversations in the profile posts of the people I follow minus the reactions.

Back