One Speaker not working-Phono Pre amp problem ?

kafunis

Hi all the tech heads, I have a Icon Audio PS1 MkII that I got S/h earlier this year, it's been great, Yesterday I turned it on to listen and the (R when looking at )Speaker has no sound. I changed back to my old Phono , a Pro-Ject and both speakers worked ? All the valves are lighting up .What could be going on?

Cheers,
Kerod

Hi all the tech heads, I have a Icon Audio PS1 MkII that I got S/h earlier this year, it's been great, Yesterday I turned it on to listen and the (R when looking at )Speaker has no sound. I changed back to my old Phono , a Pro-Ject and both speakers worked ? All the valves are lighting up .What could be going on?

Cheers,
Kerod

Could be a bad tube. Swap your left and right tubes. If the problem moves to the L speaker, it’s the tube. Replace the pair. If the problem stays on the R, it’s an internal fault. Do NOT poke around inside. Get a qualified tech. Lethal voltages reside inside tube gear.

Are all of the tubes glowing on the unit? If so we can assume the power supply is working. Of course, the power supply is easiest to check.

Yes they are , although one of the ones on the Power supply doesn't seem as bright as the other one, could that be it , I can swap them over and see what happens ?

You cannot swap the power supply tubes. Look at your manual or check the power supply. There’s an email address. I’d email them for support.

Cheers,
Kerod
Tubes will light up when they are weak or about to go. Check the leads to the phono stage and reseat your tubes, this may help. I found one the contact wires on the phono cartridge was loose and my speakers were not working.

Back