Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 7 - January 2020 /// Clarence Clarity - No Now

Well, the bar for cryptic clues has been very high indeed, I don't know if I'm gonna be able to compete, I might just get back to regular clues next week. Or maybe not.

Maybe I should decide for good what's my AotM though.
In all honesty, I'm starting to think it might be better to stick with less cryptic clues... I've made people put a lot of work into trying to decipher things and I worry that they'll feel like the reward (or the meaning behind the clues) won't be worth it. I want people to have fun with this but I need to keep in mind that people aren't mind readers and I feel like people are going to look at what I've laid out and just be upset with me thinking "how were we supposed to get this from that?"

Me, trying to piece the clues and failing as usual

giphy.gif

In all honesty, I'm starting to think it might be better to stick with less cryptic clues... I've made people put a lot of work into trying to decipher things and I worry that they'll feel like the reward (or the meaning behind the clues) won't be worth it. I want people to have fun with this but I need to keep in mind that people aren't mind readers and I feel like people are going to look at what I've laid out and just be upset with me thinking "how were we supposed to get this from that?"

We know it's Bjork... Or Beyonce... Or Bjork? Is it Bjork? It could be Beyonce. It must be Beyonce. Bjork could work too. Or is it Beck?

this is a line in phish's ac/dc bag, so with the bees, trees, and flowers clues i'm going with phish's 'a picture of nectar' and then we can all do the mamba together.

For two reasons I think it's most likely NOT this:
1. From what I have seen of @gaporter's posts, I don't get a "Phish fan" vibe
2. Those Phish reissues are $50+, and I thought we were trying to keep the cost to <$30.

But I will say this: A Picture Of Nectar is my favorite album of theirs and absolutely worth a few listens, even for people who think they don't or would not like the band, so... ☺

I kinda prefer to have a lot of cryptic clues; what I would prefer is to know which clues are about the artist, which are about the album, which are about a particular song.
And maybe the genre.
Unless the answer to that is "the heaviest thing we've done since Sabbath" and it ends up being Queen.

Back