Let's See What Makes Your Vinyl Spin!

I mean I’ll be lucky to make the very humble upgrades I want to make. I don’t think the wife is gonna sign on for a Reno and treatments are one million percent not an option. Hell I can’t get her and the kid out of the house without me for long enough to set up the room correction.

Oh yeah totally. And I don’t blame her, treatments are fugly and you can do wonders with the right gear and positioning. A full renovation also for that seems excessive too.

I wouldn’t ever use treatments and probably wouldn’t retrofit an existing house or room but say I was building a new house or extending for a garden listening room I might have a think about what it was being made of to maximise the acoustic properties. Not at the expense of the aesthetics and experience of using the room though.

Oh yeah totally. And I don’t blame her, treatments are fugly and you can do wonders with the right gear and positioning. A full renovation also for that seems excessive too.

I wouldn’t ever use treatments and probably wouldn’t retrofit an existing house or room but say I was building a new house or extending for a garden listening room I might have a think about what it was being made of to maximise the acoustic properties. Not at the expense of the aesthetics and experience of using the room though.
I think doing it intentionally during build is probably the best way. Which is what is so infuriating about New Record Day’s approach when he built a fucking listening room separate from his house. Like why didn’t you just have it built that way? Fool! and since it’s his fucking job, I’m sure he got a nice tax write off.

Back