How many posts are needed to unlock thread posting in the "Buy, Sell, Trade" section?

Strat-Mangler

I was thinking of putting up an ad and see I don't have access to do so, yet. The "Terms and rules" section does not mention how to get access but I imagine the section is unlocked after hitting a certain posting milestone? If so, what's the number of posts needed to do so?

Many thanks! :)

Besides number of posts, it might be worthwhile to introduce yourself here: Welcome - Introduce Yourself Here

I believe I - and others may - recognize your handle from places like SHF but you might find it worthwhile to formally say "hello" here as we're a uniquely small forum and you might get more interest in what you try to sell if there's at least a foundational rapport.

Just my 2-cents.

i believe it's 25 posts and registered for 90 days. this is something we should communicate better and i take responsibility.

an unsolicted word of advice- if you want your posts and potential sales to be welcomed here, it will be in your best interest that you keep comments such as the ones you made about lizzo's album cover to yourself.

if you want your posts and potential sales to be welcomed here, it will be in your best interest that you keep comments such as the ones you made about lizzo's album cover to yourself.
Who wouldn't feel welcomed by an admin creepily digging into a member's 7 posts and publicly rehashing something from nearly 2 years ago to gain Internet points in response to an innocuous question about the classified section?

Last edited:
::looking at post history (on a single page) to validate genuine interest related to post count::

giphy.gif

Who wouldn't feel welcomed by an admin creepily digging into a member's 7 posts and publicly rehashing something from nearly 2 years ago to gain Internet points in response to an innocuous question about the classified section?
It wasn’t just admin. I remember your multiple posts about it.

So yeah, it doesn’t endear me to buy anything from you.

The fact you are being defensive about it says a lot.

It wasn’t just admin. I remember your multiple posts about it.

So yeah, it doesn’t endear me to buy anything from you.

The fact you are being defensive about it says a lot.
It will shock you to your core to learn it *actually* is possible to be aware of somebody's differing POV, yet have no issue with them, as a person. That's called being a mature adult. Even Andy above,... if I bumped into him, I'd buy him a beer, we'd talk about something else, and have a good time. If you get irritated (or "triggered" as the kids say) every time you read something online you disagree with, that isn't doing anyone any good.

Unlike most people, I'm open to all opinions - I may disagree (even vehemently) but it doesn't make me dislike someone just because they happen to have a different take on something. Crazy, I know! Blacklisting me because I don't find obese women attractive is plain silly. This whole board's raison d'être is expressing tastes; and yes, you will eventually disagree with some. Surely, it should take more than this to ruffle the feathers of fully grown adult men?

My intention wasn't to use this board exclusively as some sort of selling port but to discuss music, pressings, labels, and to share my enthusiasm and passion for it all with others who enjoy the same hobby. Is this the right place? If so, let's move on. :)

It will shock you to your core to learn it *actually* is possible to be aware of somebody's differing POV, yet have no issue with them, as a person. That's called being a mature adult. Even Andy above,... if I bumped into him, I'd buy him a beer, we'd talk about something else, and have a good time. If you get irritated (or "triggered" as the kids say) every time you read something online you disagree with, that isn't doing anyone any good.

Unlike most people, I'm open to all opinions - I may disagree (even vehemently) but it doesn't make me dislike someone just because they happen to have a different take on something. Crazy, I know! Blacklisting me because I don't find obese women attractive is plain silly. This whole board's raison d'être is expressing tastes; and yes, you will eventually disagree with some. Surely, it should take more than this to ruffle the feathers of fully grown adult men?

My intention wasn't to use this board exclusively as some sort of selling port but to discuss music, pressings, labels, and to share my enthusiasm and passion for it all with others who enjoy the same hobby. Is this the right place? If so, let's move on. :)
Great, be open to this opinion from not a fully grown adult man: you shouldn’t go onto music boards that you are still new to (or anywhere) and comment on a Black woman’s body, let alone anyone’s body.

Great, be open to this opinion from not a fully grown adult man: you shouldn’t go onto music boards that you are still new to (or anywhere) and comment on a Black woman’s body, let alone anyone’s body.
Well said. It’s always one of the things that made this site one of the best places on the internet. It’s nice to get a break from the widespread sexualization of women’s bodies.

I don’t need to know that a fellow record collector finds obese women unattractive.

Let’s just talk about music, right?

Last edited:
I see that insulting people you disagree with is how you go about things - feeling threatened by the existence of a different opinion is pretty weak. I never mentioned her ethnicity - you're the one bringing that up for no reason. Sure sounds like you think body shaming is cool, as long as it doesn't happen toward a specific group of people. It's either all OK or all bad, really. Sorry; I don't buy your insinuated argument that some groups are or should be off-limits.

Well said. It’s always one of the things that made this site one of the best places on the internet. It’s nice to get a break from the widespread sexualization of women’s bodies.

I don’t need to know that a fellow record collector finds obese women unattractive.

Let’s just talk about music, right?
Only following other members' lead. Upholding a double-standard encouraging people to make fun of bare chested guys, but finger-wagging the judging of women's bodies is, well... strange. It would make far more sense to disallow body shaming entirely, if the point really is that it should be about the music (and I agree with you, BTW). My 2 cents.

As for Lizzo, she posed naked for her album, so judging is fair game. It was an attention-seeking calculated move - some of it will go her way and some of it won't... same with those men who posed suggestively, like Herbie Mann. If I didn't want people to judge my body, I wouldn't expose millions to it. Seeing as how it was a conscious decision, it tells me that she can take whatever people think and I doubt she lacks the intelligence to recognize that her figure is not currently the most popular model of attractiveness, at least in North-America. She even named her previous album "Big Grrrl Small World" so she's quite aware of how she is and that's cool.

I got the answer to the question I was asking in the OP (which had nothing to do with any of this). If I'm banned for 2 lines posted 2-year ago or for responding without insults to those who wanted to discuss the matter, it'll basically show this place is allergic to opinions which don't fall in line with some of the readers'. I'd like to think the mental fortitude of its members and staff is stronger than that.

I see that insulting people you disagree with is how you go about things - feeling threatened by the existence of a different opinion is pretty weak. I never mentioned her ethnicity - you're the one bringing that up for no reason. Sure sounds like you think body shaming is cool, as long as it doesn't happen toward a specific group of people. It's either all OK or all bad, really. Sorry; I don't buy your insinuated argument that some groups are or should be off-limits.

Only following other members' lead. Upholding a double-standard encouraging people to make fun of bare chested guys, but finger-wagging the judging of women's bodies is, well... strange. It would make far more sense to disallow body shaming entirely, if the point really is that it should be about the music (and I agree with you, BTW). My 2 cents.

As for Lizzo, she posed naked for her album, so judging is fair game. It was an attention-seeking calculated move - some of it will go her way and some of it won't... same with those men who posed suggestively, like Herbie Mann. If I didn't want people to judge my body, I wouldn't expose millions to it. Seeing as how it was a conscious decision, it tells me that she can take whatever people think and I doubt she lacks the intelligence to recognize that her figure is not currently the most popular model of attractiveness, at least in North-America. She even named her previous album "Big Grrrl Small World" so she's quite aware of how she is and that's cool.

I got the answer to the question I was asking in the OP (which had nothing to do with any of this). If I'm banned for 2 lines posted 2-year ago or for responding without insults to those who wanted to discuss the matter, it'll basically show this place is allergic to opinions which don't fall in line with some of the readers'. I'd like to think the mental fortitude of its members and staff is stronger than that.
See the whole paragraph about Lizzo rubs me the wrong way. Yes it was calculated and yes she knew there would be people who would view it some other way but it wasn’t just about grabbing attention, it was about controlling the narrative and saying… “hey, think what you want but I know I’m beautiful and strong and smart and you’re looking so you get it too.” To see it any other way is to ignore the content behind it.

Back