Grado question

Would the Grado be compatible with a 2016 Rega P3? Got 18 months on my Exact and I'm curious where to go next.

It will fit and matches the arm fine. It will hum on your Rega- more as it reaches the inner grooves. It's noticeable on 33- some people don't mind it. It's pretty bad on 45 and unbearable to me at that speed.

Hmmnnn. Doesn't sound so hot.
Any ideas what would improve on the Exact? I'm also persuaded by the Nagoakas after watching everyone's favourite reviewer!😁

Nagaoka- you have to go to the MP-500 to get an advanced stylus cut, but it's certainly a good match.

What about the A/T 95ML? Don't let the low price scare you off. Their economies of scale work in your favor to give you great value. You get an advanced stylus profile too.

Nagaoka- you have to go to the MP-500 to get an advanced stylus cut, but it's certainly a good match.

What about the A/T 95ML? Don't let the low price scare you off. Their economies of scale work in your favor to give you great value. You get an advanced stylus profile too.
Are you referring to the Shibata stylus?
Amazon are selling them at a reasonable £155. Over £100 cheaper than the Exact.

Are you referring to the Shibata stylus?
Amazon are selling them at a reasonable £155. Over £100 cheaper than the Exact.
He's referring to the VM95ML with a microline stylus, hence the "ML" in the item number. The shibata stylus is on the VM95SH, the top of the VM95 range. Here's a review by @Ed Selley of the entire VM95 range:

On an aesthetic note, I prefer the ML's red plastic stylus over the SH's brown one.

Last edited:
He's referring to the VM95ML with a microline stylus, hence the "ML" in the item number. The shibata stylus is on the VM95SH, the top of the VM95 range. Here's a review by @Ed Selley of the entire VM95 range:

On an aesthetic note, I prefer the ML's red plastic stylus over the SH's brown one.
Thanks. I like the price of them!
Can I ask about the sound they reproduce?
I have a warm sounding Cambridge CXA80 and Dali Opticon speakers. I love the warm rich sound from them. Would the AT microline or Shibata compliment them? I'm hoping to pick up either an Insight or possibly upgrade my table in the not too distant future too.

Thanks. I like the price of them!
Can I ask about the sound they reproduce?
I have a warm sounding Cambridge CXA80 and Dali Opticon speakers. I love the warm rich sound from them. Would the AT microline or Shibata compliment them? I'm hoping to pick up either an Insight or possibly upgrade my table in the not too distant future too.
The ML sound is clear and detailed with a nice soundstage. It pairs well with my Wharfedale Dentons and 70s Concept receiver, which lean towards the warm, so I think it would match well with your gear.

Last edited:
Back