Cyclists Unite!

Ah, now you're talking my language. Everyday commuter, occasional big ride/vintage ride type here.

Steeds are Geraldine, a 2016 Genesis Equilibrium Disc 20 - 725 steel w. carbon forks. I've tweaked it with updates 105 shifters and a Zipp stem/bar combo

View attachment 3053

and Marjorie - an '81 Dawes Imperial - 531c throughout, and it's been updated with a Brooks saddle, a Suntour Cyclone 2 GT rear mech (same as it was fitted with when new) and a set of Continental Eroica edition gumwalls (which I picked up at the Eroica Britannia event the other year)

since this shotView attachment 3054
That Dawes is everything!

That Dawes is everything!

Originally found it when I was looking for a beater frame to turn into a pub bike, so I didn't have to take my best bike into town. It had been sat in a chaps garage for 5 years (as it was missing a rear mech) and he'd bought it with him from his previous place, where he'd lived for 10 years. he found the bike in the attic when he moved in - so it was at least 15 years unridden when I got it - it's still got the original Plymouth Cycles shop sticker on it from when it was sold

Originally found it when I was looking for a beater frame to turn into a pub bike, so I didn't have to take my best bike into town. It had been sat in a chaps garage for 5 years (as it was missing a rear mech) and he'd bought it with him from his previous place, where he'd lived for 10 years. he found the bike in the attic when he moved in - so it was at least 15 years unridden when I got it - it's still got the original Plymouth Cycles shop sticker on it from when it was sold
So good.

I'd never heard the term pub bike before, but now I want one!

Surely we have a few two-wheelers on the thread. Whaddaya ride and where do you ride it?

I have a Litespeed Classic as my sole bike now. Used to have a litespeed Unicoi, a cannondale I bought but I used the parts for the unicoi and sold the frame, then sold that to buy a car. But I love my classic. The sad thing now is I live in Georgia and in my area not only do they not have sidewalks they barely have a side of the road so I’m wary about riding since 18 wheelers are constantly speeding through the area. I do ride in my neighborhood tho it’s just that it’s not that large. I’m toying with getting a cyclocross bike as I think it would be more suited to the terrain around here.

i’m all for this hidden gem thread- just finished 75 mile (oh kms i dunno not gonna google but guess 120kms ) ride on my beautiful (but fast). Dawes Sportif (steel reynolds 853 frame - handles the bumps a dream.
It’s not carbon but tbh i don’t actually want it to be! i love my bike

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I have a Litespeed Classic as my sole bike now. Used to have a litespeed Unicoi, a cannondale I bought but I used the parts for the unicoi and sold the frame, then sold that to buy a car. But I love my classic. The sad thing now is I live in Georgia and in my area not only do they not have sidewalks they barely have a side of the road so I’m wary about riding since 18 wheelers are constantly speeding through the area. I do ride in my neighborhood tho it’s just that it’s not that large. I’m toying with getting a cyclocross bike as I think it would be more suited to the terrain around here.
that so alien to my life but sounds like u could maybe get some big ass tyres and convert ur bike - could be fun ? always a way....

Ah, now you're talking my language. Everyday commuter, occasional big ride/vintage ride type here.

Steeds are Geraldine, a 2016 Genesis Equilibrium Disc 20 - 725 steel w. carbon forks. I've tweaked it with updates 105 shifters and a Zipp stem/bar combo

View attachment 3053

and Marjorie - an '81 Dawes Imperial - 531c throughout, and it's been updated with a Brooks saddle, a Suntour Cyclone 2 GT rear mech (same as it was fitted with when new) and a set of Continental Eroica edition gumwalls (which I picked up at the Eroica Britannia event the other year)

since this shotView attachment 3054

wow! im tracking back on posts and now i see yours - hello fellow steely. we are the righteous bike riders.

i love that genesis but my heart/ head says “2 Dawes on Needles and Grooves !!!”

I've been really into cycling for several years now, doing around 3,500-4,000 miles per year the last couple years until I got hit by a car. This beautiful bike was mine until that day. An incredible 2017 Canyon Endurace with Ultegra di2. I loved that bicycle. It got smashed beyond repair 40 miles into a planned century when an old lady left hooked me and sent me flying. That was last summer and I'm still recovering, mentally and physically. I lost a lot of fitness and am only now really coming to realize how freaked out I am and have been to ride on the road again. I still ride to work and school most days and bought an indoor trainer recently. I hope to be most of the way back to where I once was by September, when I'm doing a Gran Fondo.
View attachment 3023

My current bike (a 2015 Giant Contend that I had before I saved up for what I considered my super bike).

View attachment 3025
that’s a sad story - one tip - for ur trainer HIT workouts - 20 minute session (of hell) but amazing benefits. will link a great workout in a second.

edit

Back