Cartridge/phono stage issue

Dylanfan253

The issue I’m having is after installing a new AT oc9xml cart (first MC cart) the right channel is at a lower level than the left. The only variable I can’t and haven’t changed in an attempt to troubleshoot is the Vincent pho 8 as I don’t have anything else that can run an MC cart. The problem goes away when I run my MM cart and this is the second oc9xml cart. Is it possible my phono stage simply does not work properly when using the MC configuration.

Edit: it was also intermittent because it happened upon initial install, then I made sure the head-shell wires were snug and even tried another head-shell. It worked fine for at least 20 hours and then abruptly stopped working.

Last edited:
Kinda sounds like a bad preamp, yeah.
Hi fi guy has been helping me sort it out, I should be able to troubleshoot completely when I get home from work but it’s either the turntable or the phono stage. I’m just so frustrated now, the only thing I get enjoyment out of literally, and with my autism I won’t be able to stop thinking about it until it’s completely resolved, which it may not be because I may just not use the new cart since everything else works fine without it.

Back