Album Reviews New & Old

A.A. Bondy- Enderness

First release in a long while from A.A. “Scott” Bondy. The songs are quiet, but pack meaningful lyrics and paint a weird, yet comfortingly distorted picture of the world we are living in. Bondy has a folk-ish background, and this record sees the additions of synths & electronics which really add more of a texture than anything else. This won’t be the record that immediately makes you think- on my best of the year list, but will the one that makes my list as it creeps in &o it of my consciousness throughout the year. Excellent. 07DC961D-B756-4981-9C35-09EDEAA08C76.jpeg

When I first started my music blog I wrote a few basic ones for practice:

There's a couple more on the page if you're interested, what do you think?

When I first started my music blog I wrote a few basic ones for practice:

There's a couple more on the page if you're interested, what do you think?

Looks great to me!

Pom Poko - Birthday

Deliriously weird, raucous, and lush Norwegian art rock, rife with sizzling riffs, infectious melodies, wild percussion, and a delicate undercurrent of Scandinavian darkness. It might be the best Deerhoof album that Deerhoof never made.

birthday.jpg

A.A. Bondy- Enderness

First release in a long while from A.A. “Scott” Bondy. The songs are quiet, but pack meaningful lyrics and paint a weird, yet comfortingly distorted picture of the world we are living in. Bondy has a folk-ish background, and this record sees the additions of synths & electronics which really add more of a texture than anything else. This won’t be the record that immediately makes you think- on my best of the year list, but will the one that makes my list as it creeps in &o it of my consciousness throughout the year. Excellent. View attachment 24
I’m a big fan of his ‘When the Devil’s Loose’ record, so I’m glad to see this and glad to hear that it’s solid. Thanks for the heads up!

Back