70's / Seventies

Yep, I remember those commercials :). My older sister had a bunch of the k-tel compilations, so I'm always on the hunt for them at yard sales/thrift shops. They've usually got some hidden treasures on them.

I've got a "AM Radio" playlist on spotify that I think would fit this thread nicely. Reminds me of LA radio in the 70s.

That's an awesome playlist. Followed.

Great thread, I could post stuff all day long here. 70s rock is my longstanding favorite era.
So what to post first? Well, I'll go with this gem. Traffic - Freedom Rider - Live
I saw this video when I was a young teen in the 80s on a local Detroit show called The Beat and I loved everything about it. I was already starting to get into Zeppelin, Sabbath, Pink Floyd etc, and Traffic fell in nicely with that sound for me. And I just love Steve Winwood's voice.

Been mad obsessed with the show called, "The Midnight Special." Was a bit too young to really watch it back in the day. Solid Gold in the 80's was about when I really started getting my music ear. Great thing about TMS was the performances were live, as opposed to SG's standard lip synch. Anyways, I particularly dig some of the live SOUL groups like these.

Been mad obsessed with the show called, "The Midnight Special." Was a bit too young to really watch it back in the day. Solid Gold in the 80's was about when I really started getting my music ear. Great thing about TMS was the performances were live, as opposed to SG's standard lip synch. Anyways, I particularly dig some of the live SOUL groups like these.

We might be of a similar age then because The Midnight Special was just a bit before my time as well, but I've watched a lot of clips from that show on YouTube over the years. Great stuff, and thanks for sharing those performance clips!

Back