What's Spinning

Getting started on the stack created by @kvetcha this morning.

Yellow Magic Orchestra - Naughty Boys [1/5]

20240514_140651.jpg

Bought all of my YMO LPs from outside of Japan. In hindsight, I would've waited for the second Japan visit to snatch all of the YMOs for < ¥2500 (~$16.50 USD) each. Last year was shortly after Ryuichi Sakamoto (坂本龍一) and Yukihiro Takahashi (高橋幸宏) passed so, naturally, the supply was short.

Continuing on with the @kvetcha stack...

Kate Bush - Lionheart [2/5]

20240514_171326.jpg

I got this back last year for $10 when MP opened in collaboration with Beacon Sound and Super Electric Records. MP is now no longer there, but the other two still are operating, along with a bookstore.
This is the first time I'm giving it a whirl in full (only played side 1 around the time I purchased it).

Continuing on with the @kvetcha stack...

Kate Bush - Lionheart [2/5]

View attachment 202924

I got this back last year for $10 when MP opened in collaboration with Beacon Sound and Super Electric Records. MP is now no longer there, but the other two still are operating, along with a bookstore.
This is the first time I'm giving it a whirl in full (only played side 1 around the time I purchased it).
I love Kate, but only listened to this album for the first time a couple months ago because everyone sort of pooh-poohs it.

I quietly think it's underrated.

I love Kate, but only listened to this album for the first time a couple months ago because everyone sort of pooh-poohs it.

I quietly think it's underrated.
I can only imagine how difficult it would be to follow up the art pop masterpiece that is The Kick Inside with the label wanting to capitalize on the debut's success and less than a full year to cook up new music, but I would say that it is nearly as good. You are correct, it is unfairly underrated.

I can only imagine how difficult it would be to follow up the art pop masterpiece that is The Kick Inside with the label wanting to capitalize on the debut's success and less than a full year to cook up new music, but I would say that it is nearly as good. You are correct, it is unfairly underrated.
Kashka from Baghdad rules.

Check this live TV performance if you haven’t:

Midway through...

Japanese Breakfast - Sable (Original Soundtrack) [3/5]

20240514_181541.jpg

This was one of those DeepDiscount deals from two years ago...back when they actually held deals. Less than $10, and serves as a (mostly) pleasant ambient soundtrack. "Exploration (Ruins)" best characterizes the sounds I enjoy most in ambient music. I've never played the game.

Back