Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I didn’t think it was that unclear, unless @Selaws is an oddly sentient corporate body…
giphy-downsized-large.gif

I think the answer is Yodel. I had a ‘delivery’ driver who every parcel disappeared with. Since they have changed to Royal Mail every parcel has arrived. You need to contact VMP CS and ask to stop getting from Yodel. They (Yodel that is) are a corrupt shit show with zero customer care, and most companies are now getting wise to them.
I think this is the same issue as me, but it seems to be Hermes that I'm having the issue with. I have asked VMP to use a different service before but their response seems to be that they just send another replacement package and hope it gets picked up by Royal Mail (who I never have issues with).

As an FYI, the people at the address they keep sending them to typically refuse delivery, so they get returned to sender. This happened with my first copy of Oliver Nelson and as of today has also happened to my copy of Kamasi Washington.

Its infuriating.

Shit box is here…. And you know what. It actually has a record I want in there! Just saved me ordering the Ashby repress

Only one dupe too. I’m putting this one down as alright alright alright
View attachment 203519

Anyone remember the prices of each bundle ? There should be another batch of bundles and old stock for sale this week.

The 6 bundle was 90 dollars. So £12 a record in the kings money

And for info I’ve two minor seam splits, one split outer plastic, one with a bit of a bosh on each corner and one with a almost unnoticeable corner bump
I think the 6 or 12 have had the best albums in them. I got a 3 and was kinda bummed with what I got but to be expected

I think the 6 or 12 have had the best albums in them. I got a 3 and was kinda bummed with what I got but to be expected
I think it’s a bit of a crack shoot (as they say in the states). I’m not sure that 3 fully covers the VMP margin to give shit out. I already have the Fiona Apple but that’s a decent grab otherwise. Dorothy Ashby I’m psyched about and Ornette Coleman is decent. The rest are totally new to me… and will most likely head to my local unless a quick stream doesn’t convince me otherwise

But I’ll defo play this game again.

Ok. From a conventional standpoint would people file A Tribe Called Quest under A or T?

I’ve always had them under T as I’ve treated the A in A Tribe almost like, for example, the T in The Doors, The Strokes etc and dismissed it. But now I’m thinking that’s just not right!

Ok. From a conventional standpoint would people file A Tribe Called Quest under A or T?

I’ve always had them under T as I’ve treated the A in A Tribe almost like, for example, the T in The Doors, The Strokes etc and dismissed it. But now I’m thinking that’s just not right!
I think it's pretty standard practice to ignore articles ("a" and "the") when alphabetizing. The "T" section would be crazy if everything that started with "The" was filed there. And then there's the issue of a band like Smashing Pumpkins--sometimes the cover has a "The" and other times it doesn't.

I think it's pretty standard practice to ignore articles ("a" and "the") when alphabetizing. The "T" section would be crazy if everything that started with "The" was filed there. And then there's the issue of a band like Smashing Pumpkins--sometimes the cover has a "The" and other times it doesn't.

I actually ignore The but save A.

I know it irks @TrainFan73 but I'm with @Skalap on this one. A in a band's name typically reads very different to me, and less optional than The.
I am actually neutral on it. I know it does not follow ALA Filing Rules, but dammit break the fucking rules and Library of Congress be damned and file them under A. (this might be because it is a holiday, and I am enjoying a really nice coffee kombucha right now so I am feeling a little anti-establishment)

Back