Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I only need the discogs to figure out if i have a particular album if in away from the collection, but if im looking for an album in the collection and im there i can find it

I also subdivide by genre
That sound like it works well for your situation. For me, I am nearing 2,000 albums and have several dozen that have yet to be sorted into my library due lack of capacity (I need to do a purge ASAP) and sometimes if I am looking through the overflow stack, I have to thumb through those like 2 or 3 times before I find what I am looking for. It’s pretty annoying.

That sound like it works well for your situation. For me, I am nearing 2,000 albums and have several dozen that have yet to be sorted into my library due lack of capacity (I need to do a purge ASAP) and sometimes if I am looking through the overflow stack, I have to thumb through those like 2 or 3 times before I find what I am looking for. It’s pretty annoying.
This is me. The stacks have more than the shelves now. Can't find shit.

Youre thinking to much dont sub genre your genre sections. I keep mine simple:

Rock/Metal
Jazz
Classical
Country
R&B/Funk/Soul
Rap/Hip Hop
Pop/Dance/Electronic
Salsa
Christmas

And then all my japanese artists/bands are together subdivided into the Rock/Metal, Pop, and Jazz
Genre’s are a slippery slope for me. I do tend to pull all my seasonal albums out of the stacks around the holidays for easy access but once the season is over the get sorted backing into the shelves via Discogs.

Back