The Super Thread - All Things Marvel/DC/Etc

I hope they’re able to tell a story that takes place in a mostly fake CGI alternate reality/world better than they did in Dr. Strange 2 and parts of Thor 4. Those two were bummers for me and make me nervous about spending a whole movie in the quantum realm of whatever that place is in the trailer. Still excited to watch when it hits D+.

I hope they’re able to tell a story that takes place in a mostly fake CGI alternate reality/world better than they did in Dr. Strange 2 and parts of Thor 4. Those two were bummers for me and make me nervous about spending a whole movie in the quantum realm of whatever that place is in the trailer. Still excited to watch when it hits D+.

While I enjoyed both of those ones well enough, I feel this is going to be a whole different beast. This most recent trailer alone has more gravitas than both whole movies in those cases, and I really feel they are setting up for their best and most dastardly villain yet. I'm way more amped for this than I ever thought possible for an Ant-Man movie (and I've enjoyed the ones so far, to be sure)

My kids wanted to watch the original Spiderman movies with Tobey Maguire. We've gotten through the first two. I don't know if I can go from the utter high of the first two movies that both kids are experiencing to the terrible lows of that 3rd movie. We may just go straight to the Andrew Garfield movies next. Honestly, those are only good because of Emma Stone. I did find it interesting on the rewatch of two that you have the subway scene where his mask is off and the people that he saves all swear to keep his identity secret. That was in the age before cell phone recording. No way you could make that same scene now. I think Shang Chi even touched on that with the bus fight.

The Authority is a pretty brutal comic which seems right up Gunn's alley. Not so sure on him doing Superman simply because it's so different than his normal style. The Lanterns show could be really good if it's not cheesy. Another Batman movie. I guess. I like the blending of HBO Max series.

Oh god this worries the hell out of me. There's so many damn projects, all vastly diffrent from eachother, from complete opposite ends of the DC universe. Animation and live action in the same universe? Booster Gold and Swamp Thing among the first wave of characters?

The MCU started with 2, pretty grounded films with The Incredible Hulk and Iron Man. After Iron Man's sucess they built slowly with IM2, Thor and CA:TFA, all obviously leading to an Avengers film. This is just soooo ambitious, I see street level stuff, I see magic users, aliens, supernatural beings....I dont think this is a good sign.

You can tell Gunn loves DC comics. That's good, but it feels like they might be more of a hindrance than a strength. An introductory Batman movie based on Morrison's run. I love the hell out of Morison's run, but it's weird as hell and predicated on 50 years of Batman comics. It's also confusing as fuck and takes multiple readings to understand what the hells going on. This is all just....so strange...

I'm optimistic. Gunn has proven he can take some outlying characters and build them into a franchise and understands the power of the story itself. And at this point with so many reboots of the Justice League, I'd rather see them build up minor characters and introduce Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, etc. down the line where they may naturally fit in.

I have a bad habit of getting pissed off by online trolls, but something about people calling BP: Wakanda Forever "woke garbage" really ticks me off. Other than the fact that you're really showing your cards with that comment......it's a Black Panther movie....about the women of Wakanda....the fuck were you expecting? The white guys to come in and save the day? Are they pissed off Namor isn't pasty white, and that somehow makes the film bad?

You also see "slow and boooring" when it's probably the most action packed film about grief and loss ever made. I really gotta stop letting this shit get to me.

I have a bad habit of getting pissed off by online trolls, but something about people calling BP: Wakanda Forever "woke garbage" really ticks me off. Other than the fact that you're really showing your cards with that comment......it's a Black Panther movie....about the women of Wakanda....the fuck were you expecting? The white guys to come in and save the day? Are they pissed off Namor isn't pasty white, and that somehow makes the film bad?

You also see "slow and boooring" when it's probably the most action packed film about grief and loss ever made. I really gotta stop letting this shit get to me.
Yeah, their goal is to piss you off. Most of the time they don’t have any convictions beyond upsetting people who do care. If you get pissed off, they win. If you can’t stop yourself from caring your best bet is to not hang out under bridges (or the comment sections).

I'm trying to remember the incel formula for what's allowed in movies or TV shows but I believe it is male/woke, white/woke, Christian/woke, straight/woke. So anything not male, white, Christian, and straight = woke
Also gotta have enough explosions to keep them interested, too many scenes of people talking=boooring. All character development must come from one liners in the middle of a big fight. Subtextual nuance also=booooring.

I've disliked pretty much every Fantastic Four casting rumor, especially for Reed...except now they're saying it could be Dev Patel and I kind of dig that, if he could bulk up a bit. Reed seems like a really difficult role to cast and this is the first one I could really envision working. I'm all for it.

I've disliked pretty much every Fantastic Four casting rumor, especially for Reed...except now they're saying it could be Dev Patel and I kind of dig that, if he could bulk up a bit. Reed seems like a really difficult role to cast and this is the first one I could really envision working. I'm all for it.

Isn't Reed traditionally pretty lanky? Why would he need to bulk up a bit?

I've been curious about what they're going to do for sure, but have very low stakes as Marvel's First Family has never been my #1 jam. But that's a pretty cool sounding casting rumor, and ultimately I hope the results wind up being something that truly excites you and other FF fans.

Isn't Reed traditionally pretty lanky? Why would he need to bulk up a bit?
Reed’s sneakily buff. He’s skinny buff. Different artists depictions and all, but it’s usually portrayed as a ripped skinny guyD076D535-8110-402D-A81A-E567B977EFD7.jpeg

I just want a good movie finally to expose more people to how good FF can be. High concept sci-fi meets family values, all wrapped up in a 60’s space race aesthetic. If I was a hollywood director it’d be my dream gig.

Last edited:
Back