The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project

Hey! I figured something out. We all know what Britpop means. It was some shit that came from England and was popular. I say we stop saying “Grunge” and start referring to those bands as “Seattlepop”, “Starbuckspop” or “Portlandiapop”. “Flannelpop” would also be acceptable.

Hey! I figured something out. We all know what Britpop means. It was some shit that came from England and was popular. I say we stop saying “Grunge” and start referring to those bands as “Seattlepop”, “Starbuckspop” or “Portlandiapop”. “Flannelpop” would also be acceptable.

Yeah it’s basically a catch all for stuff that came out during the British guitar band boom of the mid 90s. If we were to try to look deeper into what the idea of britpop might be it’s probably really just the blur British trilogy of albums and the fact that Noel used a Les Paul with a Union Jack on it for a few gigs and Top of the Pops shows in 95/96.

Last edited:
Agreed. Supergrass always seemed to have one foot firmly planted in glam and didn’t take themselves that seriously
I had a copy of their debut on cd once upon a time and then never followed them after that. They may be a nice disco expedition if I ever finish the fifty other projects I have going on.

Back