Samples & Interpolations

Hey guys, I started a podcast called Sample Mining that highlights some of the greatest samples used in hip-hop history and I'd love if you'd check it out!

This podcast focuses on a single sample per episode. I play clips and offer the listener a chance to guess it. Then I tell a story related to it, whether that be the story behind a 90's sample that traces its roots back to the mid 1800's, or the story of how a song came to life because of a movie director's dream from his early-20's. I don't just want to say 'hey, here's a cool sample', I want to make sure I'm telling a story, as I feel that's much more interesting.

The trailer is up now and the first episode will go up next Wednesday. There will be 10 episodes released weekly.

Sample Mining on Instagram
Sample Mining on Spotify
Sample Mining on Apple Podcasts

Hey guys, I started a podcast called Sample Mining that highlights some of the greatest samples used in hip-hop history and I'd love if you'd check it out!

This podcast focuses on a single sample per episode. I play clips and offer the listener a chance to guess it. Then I tell a story related to it, whether that be the story behind a 90's sample that traces its roots back to the mid 1800's, or the story of how a song came to life because of a movie director's dream from his early-20's. I don't just want to say 'hey, here's a cool sample', I want to make sure I'm telling a story, as I feel that's much more interesting.

The trailer is up now and the first episode will go up next Wednesday. There will be 10 episodes released weekly.

Sample Mining on Spotify
Cool idea. Sounds like something I'd love to do if i knew the technical aspects of putting together a podcast.

I was listening to Danger Mouse / Jemini's classic Ghetto Pop Life and remembered this classic Broadcast sample:

Then came across this Michelle Branch sample of Broadcast which is crazy:

Cool idea. Sounds like something I'd love to do if i knew the technical aspects of putting together a podcast.

I was listening to Danger Mouse / Jemini's classic Ghetto Pop Life and remembered this classic Broadcast sample:

Then came across this Michelle Branch sample of Broadcast which is crazy:

Well I have an episode reserved for a listener request, so if you have some ideas, that could come to fruition. Get the N&G "bears" together for a podcast episode haha

If you're a Danger Mouse fan, make sure you stick around for episode 2... ;)

That Michelle Branch sample totally caught me off guard, never would have guessed that haha. Love the Take Care of Business sample!

Sample Mining on Spotify

First episode of Sample Mining dropped today! If you're interested, follow, share, rate and be sure to answer the poll after each episode!

Back