Pre-Order Thread

View attachment 202784

GRATEFUL DEAD: Dick’s Picks Vol. 12—Providence Civic Center 6/26/74 & Boston Garden 6/28/7 (Remastered, Limited, Hand-Numbered 180-Gram 6-LP Edition)

When we were offered the most welcome opportunity of choosing another “virgin” (as in never released on vinyl before) volume from the Dick’s Picks catalog, we did our Dead diligence, combing through the many chat rooms online to see which one the fans really wanted to see come out on LP. It will come as no surprise that opinions were varied and vehement…but a consensus emerged that Dick’s Picks Vol. 12—Providence Civic Center 6/26/74 & Boston Garden 6/28/74 was the one. Which means this 6-LP set is likely to sell out even faster than (if you’ll pardon the pun) “the other ones” have! It’s mastered by Jeffrey Norman from the original tapes, pressed at Gotta Groove, and limited to 3000 hand-numbered copies…so we’re sending you this email to let you know that Dick’s Picks Vol. 12 is going on sale at 10 am PT this Thursday, May 16, and you can sign up here to be notified the very moment it is able to be ordered. We will be sending out another email at that time, but every second counts when it comes to scoring a copy. And you won’t be disappointed…this is one of your (and our!) favorite Picks, full of Wall of Sound wonders.

Jimmy Montague - Tomorrow's Coffee (one of my faves of the year) is getting a vinyl release!!!
He dropped some copies on Bandcamp (but they were sold out before I noticed).

In investigating further I discovered that it's being released on vinyl by the label Storm Chasers LTD. and They are releasing it as part of their Patreon Monthly Vinyl Subscription.

So, if you sign up fro a membership before the end of the month at the $25/Month Tier 200 level you get a copy of. the 2xLP vinyl with free shipping!

there is a more exclusive level for $35 a month they only have two slots available left for May but might be worthwhile if you don't mind spendin an extra $10.

Goddammit. My cheap ass.

So I signed up for the $25 to get his new album but there were 2 spots available for the $35 option at the time but figured it was likely just gonna be either an autograph or special color vinyl pressing as the bonus for the $35 membership. So I just stuck with the $25. Today I see a video posted where they announced that the “bonus” was actually gonna be a signed pressing of Jimmy’s previous album Casual Use! Of course me by the time I realized this the other two spots had sold out. Hopefully they sell some extras as that would make my day!

Goddammit. My cheap ass.

So I signed up for the $25 to get his new album but there were 2 spots available for the $35 option at the time but figured it was likely just gonna be either an autograph or special color vinyl pressing as the bonus for the $35 membership. So I just stuck with the $25. Today I see a video posted where they announced that the “bonus” was actually gonna be a signed pressing of Jimmy’s previous album Casual Use! Of course me by the time I realized this the other two spots had sold out. Hopefully they sell some extras as that would make my day!
Sweet! So additional info about something that I probably only really care about but in signing up for their patreon I also got access to their Discord and apparently I misunderstood and also my initial inclination was kind of correct. So the release of Tomorrow’s Coffee is a deluxe 2xLP but the 2nd LP isn’t bonus material instead it’s his previous album, Casual Use. So by signing up for their $25 Patreon I will be receiving BOTH ALBUMS! as kind of a twofer type release with free shipping.

The bonus for the $35 patreon is a signed copy of the album.

Now that’s how you run a vinyl subscription club.

IMG_2664.jpeg

IMG_2665.jpeg

View attachment 202840

View attachment 202841

Just yesterday I was listening to Let Go and wondering if they were done or something. The last one wasn’t my favorite, but I’ll still give this one a go.

Edit: new single sounds promising though!

Last edited:
A vmp edition too that leads to 404 error:.
Late to the party as usual. Again failing to see that more than 50% of the US population is in the eastern time zone and probably set it to go live at 8am mountain time.

Late to the party as usual. Again failing to see that more than 50% of the US population is in the eastern time zone and probably set it to go live at 8am mountain time.
I mean, not that I really want to defend them, but I don’t see an ATO email yet and Rough Trade (through our friend @Twentytwo ) seems to spill the beans frequently.

Back